Author Topic: A Brighter Bee  (Read 39039 times)

SimonBRT

EDIT: 30 Mar 2013 - Minor update.  Improved Auto-DJ screen and updated the wavebar colours.

EDIT: 07 Dec 2012 - Fixed spectrum colours.  Changes to left-side panel.  Some minor fixes.  Attempting to reduce amount of grey panels.

EDIT: 28 Oct 2012 New (non-flat) player bar.  Inspired/copied from Mikebo's work on Midnight/Calcium.  Credit once again to your creativity.  Also improved now-playing pop-up.  Removed alternating row lines.

EDIT: 29 Aug 2012 New version up, minor tweaks and better use of new tab in menu bar elements.

EDIT: 11 Jul 2012
Re-worked/tweaked almost everything in this from the original version I posted.  Version 2 is much better looking and far more polished.  Have used the icon set from Mikebo's Dawn skin - hope this is OK!  Let me know if not...

ORIGINAL POST:
Finally decided to give my own skin a go.  Based on the Default skin source Steven recently uploaded.  The default skin and Dawn have been my favourite skins for a long time now so this really just combines my favourite elements from both.  No radical changes, if its not broke don't fix it!  Thanks Mikebo for all the great work on your skins and also to lnminente for his dummy skin (without which I would never have attempted any skinning!).

Any feedback/suggestions welcome...

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?x3ih3kedqpr5rao

Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:52:03 AM by SimonBRT

SimonBRT

P.S. If anyone knows how to fix the gradient not showing on the highlight over the stars column (shown below) that would be awesome!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jistme

<element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.Highlight" bg="255,245,63" bg2="255,245,63" bdr="227,216,152" fg="0,0,0" />

(make 'bg' and 'bg2' have the same value)

SimonBRT

thanks for the help jistme, however this removes the colour gradient from the whole of the selected track which I don't want to do.  I want to add the same gradient on the section behind the stars...

jistme

<element id="Panel.StarRating.Highlight" bg="255,245,63" bg2="255,230,48" fg="50,50,50" fg2="50,50,50" />

add 'bg' and 'bg2' to starrating. (I'm not sure this trick will always work)
With extremer colors it doesn't seem to work well, then they 'strenghten' each other. For perfection transparency is probably required, but I don't know how that would work.

lnminente

You have used a nice combination of colours! It's seems like this forum :)

And very nice seeing my dummy skin helped to the MB project! :)

SimonBRT

That works perfectly jistme - thanks! 

Link in opening post updated with fix.

SimonBRT

New version up.  See opening post.  Lots of changes.

Steven

• Administrator
i have to say that i like what you have done very much with this - this looks really professional. I would like to use most of it as the new default skin if you dont object

SimonBRT

i have to say that i like what you have done very much with this - this looks really professional. I would like to use most of it as the new default skin if you dont object

Of course I don't object!  Happy to be able to give a small something back to this great project.

Steven

• Administrator
small suggestion - try out this for the line to the left of the search box
  <element id="Controls.SearchBoxSplitter" bg="160,160,160" />

SimonBRT

I didn't even notice that!  Fixed and link in OP updated.  Thanks!

MJMike

Great looking Skin!

My screen Now looks like a hybrid of Winamp and iTunes ...  something like: WinBee Tunes ???

Only remark I have is the main menu items in the top bar...hard to read...totally white would be more visible..

Great job!

Mike

SimonBRT

Great looking Skin!
Thanks!

Only remark I have is the main menu items in the top bar...hard to read...totally white would be more visible..
Do you mean make the background of the drop menu's white?  I'm not quite sure what you mean...  Maybe post a screen?

VX

That's a very good choice for the new default skin.