Author Topic: Crimson Creme skin  (Read 50906 times)

Nikkel

I really like this skin except for the red/darkpink color.

I took off my pink glasses, and still couldn't notice any pink really?
I really think it's 'crimson'.
What would be your preferred colour?
LOL! yeah i'm sorry. I meant like dark red/brown. But I didn't even know crimson was the name of a color.
In my opinion with the gray look of the rest turqoise or blue would fit with it.
Like: Bleu de France   #318CE7, CG Blue   #007AA5 or even Dark Electric Blue #536878.

I wonder what it would look like. Maybe it's just me, because i just don't like red.  :-\

jistme

You can do that yourself quite easily.
Just open the xml file, and replace the rgb values  111,0,0   130,0,0 and  96,0,0 by the color values of your liking.
(e.g. Notepad++ is handy for that)

This cannot be done for the 'right drive' version, since that is not an editable xml file.
If you want to have the crimson color replaced by another color for that one, let me know the rgb values you want and I'll do it for you.

jistme

Updated.

- Added customized colors for the wave bar. (v. 2.1.4702 or higher required)
- Several small improvements
Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:46:34 AM by jistme

jistme

Updated
(support for new spectrum visualizer in Now Playing panel)

jistme

jistme

Updated.
Track info panel and controls are now being re-positioned depending on whether 'spectrum', 'track rating' and 'last.fm love' are displayed or not.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i'll have a look at it when i next revisit skins but it might be some weeks

was this ever looked at?  I am having similar problems - I can't seem to get the highlight of the command buttons to match the rest of the toolbar, or vice versa.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jistme

i'll have a look at it when i next revisit skins but it might be some weeks

was this ever looked at?  I am having similar problems - I can't seem to get the highlight of the command buttons to match the rest of the toolbar, or vice versa.

No it hasn't yet.

A similar request I hope will be implemented is a change in behaviour when hoovering over an inactive tab in the right now playing panel.
Currently when you hoover over an inactive tab, the bg color takes the color of the highlighted tab, but the fg color stays the same.
This results in unreadable fg text for some skins.

This could be solved by either a separate fg setting for hoovering over these tabs, or having the fg also taking the color of highlighted tab when hoovering over.

I'll post a link to this in the skin developers topic.

hiccup

This skin has been updated.
The download link has also been updated in the starting post of this topic.

Changed:
Under MusicBee v2.x it was not behaving very well with custom font types and sizes for the player info panel.
That should now have been vastly improved, and the skin is now also up to date for 'MusicBee v3demo'
(which is in development and in alpha stage at this moment of writing)

Please feel free to comment, be it good or bad.

hiccup

I added an experimental new version of my Crimson Creme skin.

Lots of tweaks, and a brand new player panel.

But, be aware:

- it will only function under MusicBee v3.x
- it will only work with the default font for the main player panel, not with other, or more specifically, larger fonts.

This is because I knowingly broke some rules designing it, so don't report any issues related to this skin to Steven.

The download link can be found in the start post.

EffenBlue

Looking at the v3 beta, it looks nice but there seems to be a problem with "dimmed/deleted" files in the playing tracks area as shown with the default skin and yours:

hiccup

Looking at the v3 beta, it looks nice but there seems to be a problem with "dimmed/deleted" files in the playing tracks area as shown with the default skin and yours:

Thnx for reporting EffenBlue.
I'll see if there's something I can find that I can do about it.

Steven

• Administrator
@hiccup, you probably dont have the .Disabled variation of the element set or are using 0 alpha for the background

hiccup

@hiccup, you probably dont have the .Disabled variation of the element set or are using 0 alpha for the background

Thanks, but having a quick look that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'm sure you are pointing me in the right direction.

I want to replicate the issue to find the solution, but I have no clue how to invoke such a disabled entry in the Playing Tracks panel?
If I have a deleted track in that panel, I don't get the error from EffenBlue's screenshot, but I get this:

So if anybody can explain to me how to invoke a 'disabled' entry in the Playing Tracks panel, please let me know?

Alumni

So if anybody can explain to me how to invoke a 'disabled' entry in the Playing Tracks panel, please let me know?

Perhaps a radio station, or another kind of streaming?