Author Topic: Display theatre mode in a tab  (Read 4658 times)

Iowaseven

Rather than just being able to have it in full screen, I would like to be able to have theatre mode in a tab
Thanks, Steven!

lnminente

+1 And if tabs would be moved in a future to the caption bar it would have the same normal size

lnminente

Up! Steven has implemented tabs on top now, if this is doesn't requires a lot of work would be very convenient :)

And if the plugin could be paused when its tab is not selected would be perfect to save some cpu
Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:44:34 AM by lnminente

lnminente

Sorry for the reup! But the visualizer is working so nice in a tab, and I wonder if that code could be reused for seeing theatre mode in a tab too.

It would be less confussing for closing the theatre mode.
Would be nice maintaining the original menu options for consistency.
The other tabs are missing, when theatre mod is enabled.

Thanks in advance!

+1,0, and -1 are welcome, as you know popularity matters for these things

Alexis

+1.  I like that idea also as an option.  Nice alternative.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
i can understand this request if tabs are docked in the menu bar, but anything else doesnt make as much sense to me because the entire window sensibly filled. But once the tabs are in the main panel it doesnt make sense eg. you have the player control panel down the bottom duplicating the theatre mode functionality

lnminente

Well, it's always better with tabs on top :D Don't know if maybe old windows can't let doing it :-\

I did a mockup.

-Don't know if that could be done overriding the surface of a typical tab for being drawn over the player controls and the location/navigation bar.
-Or just a trick drawing the other tabs in the current theatre mode window acting like switching from the plugin to that tab in the main window

Alexis

But once the tabs are in the main panel it doesnt make sense eg. you have the player control panel down the bottom duplicating the theatre mode functionality

Personally, I did not think about this.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.