Author Topic: Northern Lights  (Read 29485 times)

paq

Northern Lights
Current version: 1.2
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zylzbx57c7raka2/AAA9wJHGy2zHC-QpyinujOFga?dl=0

Tested with/optimized for: 1280x1024, 1920x1080
Should work fine for different ratios/resolutions as long as screen height is larger than 920 px

Fonts used: Dotum, Century Gothic, Raavi, Segoe UI
I think all fonts comes installed with Windows 7. Write here if you miss one and I'll see what I can do.

Notes:
* Elements does not scale since I had some difficulties getting it just right.
* The rating picture for tracks with a rating of "No stars" might throw you off a little bit at that size - but the stars look great!
* As a Screen Saver on multiple monitors it will default to being shown on monitor 1 with other monitors active. This can be changed in the settings file.

Changelog:
2014-12-15
* Updated Dropbox-links
2012-04-06, version 1.2
* Fix: Love icon would show in white for all non-loved tracks using latest version of Theater Mode.
2012-04-03, version 1.1
* Renamed the files so it's easy to add them to the Theater.List-folder.
* Year now uses the field "Year (yyyy)" so year will always be four digits.

Preview:

Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:33:30 PM by paq

Steven

• Administrator
i really like the way you have merged the spectrum visualiser into the center lighting and the rating done that way.
also even though you arent using scaling, it still works well on a smaller panel size

Maleko12

I have a 1366x768. It looks great... but the album cover cuts off some of the progress bar:

However, you can click where the album cover is. I know you're not using scaling and you did say it's optimized for 920px or higher. How would I fix this in the .xml settings? I'm thinking of moving it to the bottom right corner.

paq

@ Maleko12: Right now if you move the Album Cover the text around it (Album, Artist and Title) will follow along, so if you put it in the bottom right corner then Artist and Title might get cut off. Do you want Artist and Title to stay in left side of the screen or have them next to Album cover in the bottom right?

What you can do is to play around with the values on line 44 to change size (width and height) and position (x and y) of Album Cover in the settings file. You need to restart MB to see the settings take effect. Let me know if you want some help with that and I'll give it a shot!

Maleko12

Hello! Well I did some adjusting and made the x and y both to 200 and moved the x to 30 and the y to -325. Now the album art isn't covering the progress bar. Thanks for the tips. And with this, you don't need to make the album art move to the bottom right.

Analien

Stunning! I'm not getting any stars though.
Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:50:41 PM by Analien

paq

Stunning! I'm not getting any stars though.
Are you using the latest version of Theater Mode? ( http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip ) In one version I couldn't either get the stars to show but that was resolved in the latest version. Make sure you have the latest version of MB as well, http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

And of course, that your tracks have a rating :)

Alexis

This is pretty cool stuff.  I like how u have the progress bar going through the middle too.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

sugarcandy243

Hi,
I just recently found MusicBee and I love it! Esp the theater mode is amazing. I use Northern Lights a lot and I just wanted to know is there any way to display a lyrics panel on the right like in the default XML? I would love to have a small square panel at the bottom right displaying scrollable lyrics.

Ullus

The background is completely black for me, any idea why?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Probably the background artwork file is in the wrong place.  Where do you have it?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Ullus

I had it in MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\SharedArtwork, moved it to the same folder as the .xml file and now it works.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Great, glad to hear it!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Big Mons

I would like to download this, but the dropbox links says: Access to this link has been disabled. Is there anywhere else that I can get this? Perhaps someone that reads this has a copy that they can share. I like that it has a visualization in the view, a spectrum analyzer or something. TIA!

paq

I would like to download this, but the dropbox links says: Access to this link has been disabled. Is there anywhere else that I can get this? Perhaps someone that reads this has a copy that they can share. I like that it has a visualization in the view, a spectrum analyzer or something. TIA!

Hi! I didn't know the links were broken but I have updated them in the first post now so they should work. Enjoy!