Author Topic: Automatically adjust Replay and Album Gain  (Read 3369 times)

roycymru

I don't know if it does this already (I don't think so). Calculating Replay and Album Gain in any music management software can be a bit hit and miss and individual or selections of tracks may need adjustment to make them louder or quieter so they have a better "sound fit" in a playlist. You can already alter the Tag Gain values on an an invidual basis, but the process is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice (for me anyway) to have an option where you could easily select a track or a selection of tracks and get the program to increase or decrease the replay and/or album gain values by a set amount e.g. select tracks a, c, d g and h which have replay gains of -6, -5, -6, -4 and -2 and say "add +3" to these values so they become -3, -2, -3, -1 and +1 respectively.

Steven

• Administrator
i realise this is not what you are asking for but in case you are not aware in the settings tab of the tag editor you can fine tune the volume (not the replay gain value itself). That can be done in bulk

roycymru

Thanks for this info, I didn't realise it did this. The reason for this request is that I use MusicBee to manage my music files but then play them through my Sonos system, so, if possible, fine tuning of individual tracks ReplyGain values in MusicBee would give me better normalisation of playlist tracks which are out of kilter with the rest when played through the Sonos.