this is an incremental update and includes all changes since 2.0 - unzip and copy all files to your MusicBee program folderif you are using 1.4, see the first post to install 2.0
before installing this update
- functions use a different syntax - the old syntax is still parsed but will be saved with the new syntax
- before: <If(<field>="value",a,b)>
- new syntax: $If(<field>="value",a,b)
- no longer any restrictions on some parameters having to be a field ie. all function parameters now allow any valid expression
- new functions:
- $And(expression1,expression2) eg. $If($And(expression1,expression2),true,false)
- $If accepts not equal to condition: $If(expression1 != expression2,a,b)
- embed a quote in a string prefix the quote with \ eg. $If(<Custom1> = "[7\"]",true,false)
- functions should perform faster when comparing against constant numbers, dates and strings
- auto-shutdown function now supports a "fade volume" setting which progressively fades the volume to zero before shutdown
- new hotkey for "Auto-Tag by Track/ Infer Tags from Filename"
- AZ jump bar now supports clicking multiple letters to refine a search (as long as you click the 2nd letter within 3 secs)
- new /Library="path" command line
- a tick field is now selectable as a field to be displayed in the main panel and now playing list
- in the main panel it is an alternative to using clicking rows to select, the difference being the files stay ticked while you perform other operations
- when you are ready to perform an action on the ticked fields, right click "Select Ticked Files"
- you can invert the selected ticks using right click "Invert Ticked Files"
- click the tick column header to select all/ none
- in the now playing list the tick box performs the same function as right click/ Skip Track ie. unticked tracks are skipped
- genre categories has an improved editor: Tags(2)/ Edit Categories
- duplicates filter on auto-playlist now chooses the highest quality file by bitrate
- improved performance:
- startup should be faster when multiple tabs are open - MusicBee only loads the active tab
- any operations that can affect other tabs should now perform faster as the other tabs are not reloaded until they are opened eg. delete file from the library can affect other tabs that have auto-playlists
- the Library preferences setting to "on startup check for updated files" is now split from "and remove dead links"
- Winamp output plugins are now supported (loaded in the Player preferences panel)
- sub-folders (in addition to the music file folder itself) can now be included when artwork is scanned - Preferences/ Tags(1)/ Artwork Retrieval Filter/ tick "include sub-folders"
- (for skin developers) new skin element "ScrollbarWidthAdj" to adjust the width of the scrollbar
- mini-player now minimises when clicking on the taskbar and not displayed in the taskbar when docked to the top/bottom of a screenupdate for the internal browser
(equivalent to firefox 13)http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x99b43v5rdtc2qx
[i decided to go back from firefox 14 version as it causes MusicBee to freeze on some computers, but if you already have it installed and it causes no problems then no need to apply this older version]
- in the folder musicbee is installed, rename folder: xulrunner to xulrunner.old
- unzip to where MB is installed
- you should end up with
c:\program files\musicbee\xulrunner\...translator file
- updated new.txt file (this file is only used by translators and not required for the MusicBee application update):http://www.mediafire.com/?28paeq5j21hxyjm