Author Topic: Black and Green Theme [BETA]  (Read 18005 times)

KylePolansky

I'm really not sure how a theme can be in beta, but this one sure is. I was looking around at the themes, and I couldn't find one that I really liked. A lot of reading and about 6 hours later, this is what I've came up with. This is the very first theme I have ever made, and I have only tested it on my current window setup.

One question though for any other theme creators out there. Is there a way to customize the highlight color of the menus (File, Edit, etc.) on mouseover? All my menus appear to have a blue highlight (except for the items that are disabled).

If anyone has any problems with other window configurations, I'll do my best to try and fix it.

Screenshot:

Please excuse my poor organization. I'm working on that project now that I have a better looking interface.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vna3hxa21tfq8oa

To install:
1. Download the file and copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Skins\ (Any subfolder will work, or just the root)
2. In MusicBee go to View>Skins>(Path) Path will be the location to the theme that you saved in step 1.

Rotem K.

Hi man,

Running it on Windows 7, There's no visible blue highlight anywhere, nor is there anything in the code that sets the menus' highlight color to blue. maybe an OS derived color or something like that.

There is a problem though with one of the image elements in the file, causing MusicBee to run out of memory and crash as soon as it loads it up. might require you to check them one by one to find which one is the problem.

Best of luck,

Steven

• Administrator
looks good and running on XP dont have any problems with the highlighting. One suggestion is to make the 3 window icons sharper - they look a little fuzzy to me (mainly the X), and especially so when you move the mouse over

KylePolansky

Thanks for the replies. I will take another look at the buttons. I tried to convert them from another theme, but I think I had anti-aliasing turned on. I might have also saved them as the wrong format in photoshop, because the Base64 code I have is huge.

Also, this is what my menu looks like. The blue highlight makes any green text very hard to read. I'm trying to use: <element id="Menu.DropDown.Highlight" bg="20,20,20" />, but even changing that value red doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update the theme later today.

Rotem K.

Hey Kyle,

Just about the buttons and thier code, try opening each image in paint.net, copy it to a new canvas and save it.
Check the file sizes before and after, if the file size is smaller, the code you'll get from Base64 will be much shorter as well.

This also fixes some weird size issue using pngs saved in photoshop.

VX

Hi man,

Running it on Windows 7, There's no visible blue highlight anywhere, nor is there anything in the code that sets the menus' highlight color to blue. maybe an OS derived color or something like that.

There is a problem though with one of the image elements in the file, causing MusicBee to run out of memory and crash as soon as it loads it up. might require you to check them one by one to find which one is the problem.

Best of luck,

Just downloaded the new skin, moved it to the proper folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Skins) and tried to choose the file from the menu. The following error occurred:

Code
2011-11-22 17:56:26 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 1.4.4342.40839 - System.OutOfMemoryException: Brak pami?ci.
   w System.Drawing.Bitmap.Clone(Rectangle rect, PixelFormat format)
   w #=qR0jDhVNpdeL1m7ImRhKR$6UF0i3bY6p4K279GhWI_NXxVRkoDvF1ljRBT0aScVjG.#=qkEP4jKYZM_wCFG9HpRm9UA==(Bitmap #=qQMno9U6jzP16f0$ADMFEmQ==)
   w #=qR0jDhVNpdeL1m7ImRhKR$6UF0i3bY6p4K279GhWI_NXxVRkoDvF1ljRBT0aScVjG..ctor()
   w #=qmHCobsMKutPv$AC5vz$joefdWVAp5LhbzRhlYOuXvxw=..ctor(IList`1 #=qcf$TPnD3VN2WiCovlJxNlA==)
   w #=qmHCobsMKutPv$AC5vz$joefdWVAp5LhbzRhlYOuXvxw=.#=qjsNmUn6pS$V$nlbUqb8P_aTSzrCBysLhCPT2BcSyRto=.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs #=q5AZ3RWTV9qGd1odI$YJjMw==)

redwing

Fixed this skin by replacing all border and button images.
If it keeps giving you an error message, please post the error on the bug reports board.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnepa624qal82z8

@scampbll; beeing good:

Please store it on any wiki site and post the link. I won't host this file thereafter.
Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:30:59 AM by redwing

redwing

Re-uploaded with its love icon and star rating elements fixed. Won't do any more fixes.

redwing

Re-uploaded again with all custom images removed.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've downloaded the latest file.  Haven't done anything with it yet.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
LINK REMOVED

Sorry to jump in, but this should be a repair of the skin
Rotated a couple of border elements that were around the wrong way and fixed the dpi of most elements (they were 72 instead of 96)

please give a shout if this is still wrong as well
Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:54:29 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Rotated a couple of border elements that were around the wrong way and fixed the dpi of most elements (they were 72 instead of 96)

FYI that's what I did with the original skin as I said I replaced all border and button images. Today I removed all other custom images as well upon the error report.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Didn't mean to step on your toes Redwing
Four different software (paint.net, gimp, irfanview, xnview) wouldn't report the dpi of the button images you used, so I wasn't sure what you'd done.
Have removed the link to my repaired version to avoid confusion.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together