Author Topic: The Artwork view  (Read 39372 times)

Greb

In other thread it came out the cover's size in the artwork view.

I was thinking that space could be much better used.

This is how it looks:

Why not using more all the empty space? I have made a quick scrapt in photoshop. Same albums: wouldn't look they better that way?

And, Steven, sorry for populating even more the wishlish forum!  :-\
Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:27:28 AM by Greb

ma_t14

That looks really good and maybe even more professional. I like it. +1
Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:33:07 AM by ma_t14

Blinghound

I really like this, it looks very polished. The only thing is, obviously the artwork images are partially covered, which some people may not like.

+1

Anti

Meh. I prefer the original - it looks cleaner and less cluttered.

cartman005

Sorry, but I also like the original.

beeing good

I think I prefer the original as well.

VX

I think both views are great. There should be an option to choose the preferred one  :)

ma_t14

I think both views are great. There should be an option to choose the preferred one  :)

Yeah, that should work. In the same way you can chose in album & tracks view whether the fields to appear bellow or on the right of the artwork be able to chose whether the fields in artwork view are inside or outside the artwork.

Greb

Yeah, that should work. In the same way you can chose in album & tracks view whether the fields to appear bellow or on the right of the artwork be able to chose whether the fields in artwork view are inside or outside the artwork.

Yeap. Same thinking. I proposed a idea for a potential new design, but it doesn't mean deleting the old one. I just think the new one would be a interesting alternative to choose.

Besides that, another proposal that I think it would be really quick to do. Artworks usually don't fit exactly in the pannel size:

In this case, for example, let's say the artwork size would be 125 px. Let's imagine pannel's width would be here 600 px. And dividing the pannel witdth between the artwork size it would give, I don't know, let's say, well, 4.8. So it's not enough to include 5 albums per row, but 4 albums are shown with a big border.

So, if the chosen artwork size is 125 px, and the pannel's width 600 px, what means 4 albums per row, why not displaying artwork with size 600 px /4 = 150px. Of course, if you shrink the pannel to, for example, 550 px, they could be displayed with 550 px/4 = 137px. That way, albums would always fit in pannel's size.

Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:54:26 AM by Greb

boroda

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
That new layout is nice, looks inspired  by TV music video  channels. Personally I'd continue to use the current look though
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

lnminente

I have noticed a tendency of showing the titles over the artwork in some new music sites and players. It lets you see bigger artworks and think it looks more modern

For example http://ex.fm/trending