Author Topic: Drag and drop to playing playlist  (Read 5839 times)

9cupsoftea

This was put in about 5 or so versions back, and has disappeared for some reason in the last version. Dragging an album to a playlist that is currently playing should add it to the end of the playlist. At the moment you can't drag anything into a playlist which is currently playing (or even just paused or stopped - you have to select a completely diffrent playlist to drag and drop).

Maybe this should be in the bug section - I can't imagine anyone asked for this to be taken out.

Anti

Steven

• Administrator
9cupsoftea, i cant see how whether a playlist is being played or not has any bearing on whether you can append an album (or single tracks) to the playlist using drag/drop.
Perhaps i'm not understanding what you are doing - you have albums displayed in the main panel using album & tracks view or artwork view, you drag one of the albums to a playlist node on the left panel?
Does MB show a block cursor when you drag over the playlist?
And are you saying for the same playlist, if its not playing it does work?
You cant drag/drop into an auto-playlist or radio playlist. Perhaps a screenshot might help clarify

9cupsoftea

I just checked and it does work for nodes in the left panel - I usually drag and drop using the tabs above however. Say i have playlist 1, playlist 2, and library open in tabs. If playlist 1 is playing, i cant drag from library (artwork view) to playlist 1's tab, but i can drag and drop to playlist 2. I can only drag to playlist 1 if i stop it and start playing from somewhere else.

The behaviour for tabs used to be just like the nodes on the left - I could drag and drop to tabs freely in previous versions, but it has changed recently.

Steven

• Administrator
for the setup you describe, its working fine for me. I havent touched drag/drop behavior for tabs for months now so i can only think you are somehow triggering a condition that you werent before.
Is it showing a block cursor when you drag over the tab?
and could you send me a screenshot - sometimes that can reveal things that otherwise wouldnt be obvious

9cupsoftea

Well I remember it never used to work, and then after you made some change to playlists it began working. I've attached a screenshot.

http://postimage.org/image/1mkolxrs4/

In the screenshot the album playing is from the 'clip music' playlist. If I try to drag any album over the tab for that 'clip music' I get the circle with a diagonal inside it - like a stop sign (sorry i don't know the correct term for it). But whilst 'clip music' playing I can still drag something to the playlist2 tab (which is an empty playlist).

This is when I'm dragging from music library/inbox to the tabs. Sorry I couldn't take a screenshot that shows the mouse cursor, I don't know how, but if somebody does I would be happy to.
Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:40:00 PM by 9cupsoftea

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like you have the tab locked. If you right click on the tab/ unlock, does it work then?