Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917311 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I've been spending a lot of time with this plugin over the past few days as I'm cleaning up some debris in my tags.  It's really a great tool, but unless I'm missing something, I can't figure out how to replace specific text in the middle of a tag.  For instance, I want to change all occurrences of "Feat." in the title or artist tag with "Ft."  Is there any way to accomplish this search and replace?  Needless to say, I can find and select the tracks that need the change, but I can't, with just a couple of clicks, change all of them at once.  Does a preset for this already exist?  

BTW, the search feature is a really nice added feature.

Thanks.

EDIT:  If this is a preset that you have to add, I request that it not be limited to "feat" but that it could be used to replace -any- text in the tag.  I just came across some tracks that had "Alt Take" and "Alternate Take."  I'd like to make them consistent - one way or the other.

EDIT 2:  Never mind.  I figured out that one can create one's own presets!!!  Very nice feature to this versatile plugin.
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:25:02 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Am I overlooking Episode Date (TDRL) in the Copy Tag fields, or can I ask for it to be added?  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

@Steven, could you add to api podcast tags (eg episode date)?

BeeBeeKing

Why do I get this when I export html from the Library report? Am I supposed to have some css stylesheet in the same directory?

Geoff

MusicBee v2.5.5524.39432 (Win6.1), 10 May 2015 12:33:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Geoff\Desktop\Exported Track List.files\stylesheet.css'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   at MusicBeePlugin.HtmlDocument.writeHeader()
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.exportTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

boroda

css file will created automatically. error means that either 'C:\Users\Geoff\Desktop\' path doesn't exist or plugin cant create 'Exported Track List.files' folder for some reason. also you can try to export report as simple html table.

BeeBeeKing

simple html table report works ok. I've never been able to get the html report to work though.

redwing

"Set tags" ASR preset is not working properly when asked to write "0" into a tag if some of the selected files already have "0" for the tag value. In that case, Preview shows the correct result, but Apply doesn't do anything to the files.

boroda

sbt

Having problems with Auto Rate. A new, clean, install of the Plugin has no problems but as soon as I set up Auto Rate the player starts failing to update 'Last Played' and 'Play Count'. Its intermittent, only 1 in 5 tracks are updated correctly. Obviously this completely fscks the Auto Rate system.

Latest built of MusicBee and client.

I have tried to work out which settings trigger this but I'm at a loss.

boroda

sbt

Have now determined that this seems linked to the 'Autorate songs if they are played' setting, which is turned off, for obvious reasons, in this screenshot.

With it turned OFF I get proper updating of Last Played plus Played and Skipped counts. With it turned ON I get unpredictable behaviour, with most updates of these missed.

PS: 'Autorate if played or skipped' would be a better behaviour, IMHO.

boroda

@sbt, i cant reproduce described issue, auto-rate works fine for me with any settings. try to temporary disable all other plugins to see if there is some interference between them.