Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935393 times)

bosseric

Hi,

Is there a way to create an action that performs something like "Wipe unneeded tags"? I like to keep only certain tags in my files (e.g. Artist, Artist Album, track # and name etc.) and I always remove the other ones manually; something to do this in an automatic way would be really appreciated :)
Thanks and regards,
Lore
TPT chuyen dat nen long an gia thap nhat thi truong.

frankcreed

Wishlist request: to support the additional tags Steven has added for classical music tagging (see this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20209.60)

MOVEMENT
MOVEMENTNAME
MOVEMENTTOTAL
SHOWMOVEMENT
WORK

Thanks in advance.

boroda

redwing, frankcreed, i will look at  your ideas later, i'm ill now and wont to spent tool much time on programming.

bosseric, suggest you can copy 'toy: set tag' to multiplr presets and say each of them to set emty value for every unnededd  tag (you have to have every preset for every unneeded tag. .if you  tick  checkbox next yo these 'tay: ...' presets, then all these tags wil be auto erased, if you change any tag of track or just move track from inbox to library.

redwing

redwing, frankcreed, i will look at  your ideas later, i'm ill now and wont to spent tool much time on programming.

Hope you get better soon. Don't worry about my suggestion. It's not that important.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No rush, but when you feel up to it... I find it WAY too easy to accidentally apply presets on a permanent basis.  Could there maybe be a confirmation, or even a complete separate screen for applying presets that should be "always on" instead of just loaded for single use/editing?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
No rush, but when you feel up to it... I find it WAY too easy to accidentally apply presets on a permanent basis.  Could there maybe be a confirmation, or even a complete separate screen for applying presets that should be "always on" instead of just loaded for single use/editing?
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

No rush, but when you feel up to it... I find it WAY too easy to accidentally apply presets on a permanent basis.  Could there maybe be a confirmation, or even a complete separate screen for applying presets that should be "always on" instead of just loaded for single use/editing?
do you mean confirmation before auto-applying presets? if so its very easy to do, but for all auto-applying presets.

boroda

Converting only 68 characters would be more than enough. Look at the linked Picard code from line 107 to 175.
redwing, probably i'll publish new asr preset pack later this evening.

boroda

Wishlist request: to support the additional tags Steven has added for classical music tagging (see this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20209.60)

MOVEMENT
MOVEMENTNAME
MOVEMENTTOTAL
SHOWMOVEMENT
WORK

Thanks in advance.
i've asked Steven about details about these new tags. waiting for his answer.

boroda

redwing, please test new asr preset 'replace unicode punctuation marks...'

phred, psychoadept, please test new option 'ask confirmation before auto-applying this preset' in main asr window.

frankcreed, i've received Stevens comments on new tags, but its not implemented yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9i97ha7peugjsrx/mb_TagTools_2017-02-09.zip

redwing

Thanks for implementing this!
I tested with some unicode characters and it works well. However it for some reason multiplies the converted value. For instance, if you convert "abc" in title tag, it writes "abcabcabc".

boroda

Thanks for implementing this!
I tested with some unicode characters and it works well. However it for some reason multiplies the converted value. For instance, if you convert "abc" in title tag, it writes "abcabcabc".
i knew that there are some errors.:)  could you post one example tag with unicode punctuation mark(s), so i can test this myself.

edit: i think i know whats the problem. try this preset pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pc5wmt02zdbc3zp/ASR_Presets.rar

don't forget to 'import all' presets.
Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:38:44 PM by boroda74

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-

I have unzipped ARS Presents along with the dll and placed them in their respective directories, letting new overwrite old. Trying to start MB I'm now getting the following error when launching MB:

After clicking OK, -sometimes- the Advanced Search and Replace window opens and sometimes it doesn't. In either case, MB opens.
Checking TagNamesErrorLog revels this:
Code
Adding  / SortAlbumArtist
Cant add  / SortAlbumArtist
Adding  / SortArtist
Cant add  / SortArtist
Adding  / SortComposer
Cant add  / SortComposer
Adding  / Work
Cant add  / Work
Adding  / MovementName
Cant add  / MovementName
Adding  / MovementNo
Cant add  / MovementNo
Adding  / MovementCount
Cant add  / MovementCount
Adding  / ShowMovement
Cant add  / ShowMovement
Adding  / Language
Cant add  / Language
Adding  / OriginalArtist
Cant add  / OriginalArtist
Adding  / OriginalYear
Cant add  / OriginalYear
Adding  / MusicianCredits
Cant add  / MusicianCredits
Adding  / OriginalTitle
Cant add  / OriginalTitle
Is this something I can fix, or is there a bug you need to work on?
Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@phred, its because you've downloaded 02-09-2 plugin version instead of 02-09. to use 02-09-2 version (the only difference between these 2 versions is that 02-09-2 supports for new tags, recently added to mb by Steven) you need mb 3.1 latest patch:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip