Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929736 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-

I haven't used this plugin for about a month and now that I'm using it almost daily I'm finding that the plugin window always opens towards the upper left corner of my monitor. I then have to drag it more towards the center so I can work comfortably with it. And then I close it. But each time I reopen it, with or without closing MB, it reappears towards the upper left.

I'm not sure if this is a Steven thing or if you can do it, but can the plugin window please be made persistent? Please let me know if it's out of your control and I'll post it where Steven is more likely to see it. I can't really remember if the window was persistent when I was using it a while ago.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

you are using some beta version. its temporary intentional behavior (visual studio doesn't allow to use visual form editor if i turn on remembering window sizes/positions). redownload plugin from official link or try this beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c139z836cud2c4u/mb_TagTools_2016-09-20-beta.zip

don't try to use backup/restore part of beta, its not completed yet!

boroda

Hey Boroda,

Is it possible to assign a preset to a hotkey?

I miss that ability in Mediamonkey's add-on "RegExp Find and Replace"

For example, I have it in Mediamonkey where if I want to label a track from the 80s by adding\appending "80s" to a custom tag field, I press CTRL+ALT+8 (a hotkey I assigned to that particular preset).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6k7o89xkbvmu5ae/mb_TagTools_2016-09-29-beta.zip

phred

• Global Moderator
you are using some beta version. its temporary intentional behavior (visual studio doesn't allow to use visual form editor if i turn on remembering window sizes/positions). redownload plugin from official link or try this beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c139z836cud2c4u/mb_TagTools_2016-09-20-beta.zip

don't try to use backup/restore part of beta, its not completed yet!
Thanks. Tried this beta, and the one from today 2016-09-29. While both do what I wanted - persistent window location - they both also throw this error when I right-click on a track and select Additional Tagging Tools > Change Case > Close. All of the other Additional Tagging Tools in that dialog close properly. And all but 'change case' close properly if I open it from the Tools menu. It's only the 'change case' option that throws the error.
Code
MusicBee v3.0.6114.37635 (Win6.1), 29 Sep 2016 15:14:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: dest
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.CopyTo(Array array, Int32 arrayIndex)
   at MusicBeePlugin.ChangeCasePlugin.buttonCancel_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

new version. it seems to be stable. at least working fine for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6k7o89xkbvmu5ae/mb_TagTools_2016-09-29-beta.zip

Does this version support backup and restore commands?

I just tried but can't figure out how to use it.
BTW track tag history command throws the following error:

10.0.14393.0 - 3.0.6116.38898 - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin.initializeForm()
   at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, String[] trackUrlsParam, String[] trackIdsParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.tagHistoryEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

boroda

this bug is fixed, but you probably will need to delete mb_tagtools.settings.xml in <appdata> folder anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7nidu1z81crt8so/mb_TagTools_2016-09-30.zip
Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:09:59 AM by boroda74

boroda

yes, ofc this version surpports backup/restore commands. as for the bug, try this version, but you probably will need to delete mb_tagtools.settings.xml in <appdata> folder:

NOTE: you will need to use mb latest patch to use this plugin version.

PS: please report back even if your experience with backup/restore is successful. i want to get some feedback, before i mark this version as stable.
Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:31:15 AM by boroda74

redwing

The bug's fixed.

But as I said I still don't get how to use this.

I ran "Backup tags for all tracks" command but when I look inside the file it created, there's no tag values except track ids.
I edited a tag of one file, and ran the command again, and it increased the size of the existing mbi file almost one and a half times (why?).

But still no tag values in there. Can you tell me how this works?

boroda

the ".Master Tag Index.mbi" is just a master index file, it must not be very big anyway. are you using latest mb patch?

phred

• Global Moderator
this bug is fixed, but you probably will need to delete mb_tagtools.settings.xml in <appdata> folder anyway.
Confirmed as fixed. Thanks very much.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

- When running "Backup tags for all tracks" command, why is it trying to create backup files in playlists folder with a strange filename starting with the first playlist in there instead of in AppData\Tag Backups folder?

- Can you display progress status while creating a backup?

boroda

- When running "Backup tags for all tracks" command, why is it trying to create backup files in playlists folder with a strange filename starting with the first playlist in there instead of in AppData\Tag Backups folder?
probably you are using not standard playlist folder hierarchy, mb api doesn't allow to get current library name (which is a prefix for backup name) and plugin tries to get that name by enumerating all playlists and by discovering common path (plugin assumes the following playlist paths: <beginning of path>\MusicBee\<library name>\Playlists\<the rest of path>). maybe i should make this optional.

could you give me an example of this strange backup path?

- Can you display progress status while creating a backup?
i think, yes, but not sure if its easy to implement.
Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:41:01 PM by boroda74

redwing

<beginning of path>\MusicBee\<library name>\Playlists\<the rest of path>

The problem was "\MusicBee\". When I change the folder name for my portable MB, it saves it properly.
People use all kinds of different folder name. How about just taking a parent folder of "\Playlists\"?

boroda

<beginning of path>\MusicBee\<library name>\Playlists\<the rest of path>

The problem was "\MusicBee\". When I change the folder name for my portable MB, it saves it properly.
People use all kinds of different folder name. How about just taking a parent folder of "\Playlists\"?
yes, i think this behavior should be optional and less "aggressive". also reread my previous post, i've edited it.