Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 931775 times)

redwing

Understood. Then can I change their names in my plugin folder and AppData folder? Does that have any effect on functionality?

boroda

Yes, you can as long as you don't edit them (to edit 'standard' presets just create empty file 'devmode.txt' in 'Plugins' folder). Also importing may be incorrect if you rename presets (suggest that presets will be duplicated on importing).
Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:23:53 PM by boroda74

redwing

I changed all of my custom preset xml file names in AppData folder. Now the plugin dialog lists none of those custom presets.

boroda

As far as I can see from source code you can rename presets as long as you keep double extension ".ASR Preset.xml"

redwing

After re-launching MB, all edited names are gone. I guess I have to stick with the default file names.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
As far as I can see from source code you can rename presets as long as you keep double extension ".ASR Preset.xml"

Wouldn't you also have to change the GUID reference in the preset .xml to match the new custom preset name?
Or would "guid.CustomName.ASR Preset.xml" work?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Wouldn't you also have to change the GUID reference in the preset .xml to match the new custom preset name?
Or would "guid.CustomName.ASR Preset.xml" work?

Tried both, but nothing worked.
Also tried importing a standard preset after edited its name, but the plugin dialog is not listing the preset even though it's imported to AppData folder.

blau

Hello,

I would like te be able to get the last word of the path where a mp3 reside and copy the result into a custom tag.
An example would be:
Path: D:\Music\Pop\Adele\Adele_Live-1980-CD\

Is this possible to achieve with ASR? I have tried editing some of the profiles but my skills don't allow me get anywhere.

Note: The path varies because the files are scattered in various drives.
In this case i think the value would be copied toe TXXX/MEDIA or TMED

Thank you very much

boroda

blau

Awesome!

If i may abuse you a little more, which regex we would use to "capture" the last last word.
So we can get CD (this media can be different) from Path: D:\Music\Pop\Adele\Adele_Live-1980-CD\

Thanks boroda

boroda

blau

Perhaps i'm doing something wrong but i have the same result.

This is what i did:
I have made a copy of the original preset in order to modify it, opened with "Rename/Edit", erased the old regex in the "search for" field and copypasted the new one from your post.
The result was the same, i think the regex you posted is the same as in the original preset.
Does this make sense?

Thanks

boroda

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Search for

.*\\.*-.*-(.*)\\.*\..*

replace with

$1

Hope this time I understood you correctly :)