Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917608 times)

boroda

ok, phred, thanks. you can keep any version you want because all 3 versions have compatible backups, but new 'official' stable version is 14-2 now.

phred

• Global Moderator
14-2 is what I've kept.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dgbx

Hello - I've had Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools installed for some time now and I keep it updated. Last update was maybe a week ago.

I decided I would try the tag backup feature but that ended with the following error:

"Backup ' C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Musicbee\Tag Backups\Musicbee Library - Baseline' is corrupted or is not valid MusicBee backup!

There is an error in XML document (11,6)."

Now whenever MusicBee starts up after this I get this error message:

"Master tag backup index is corrupted! All existing at the moment backups are not available any more in 'Tag history' command."

I am running MusicBee 3.1.6169 and have over 100,000 mp3 files in my library.

Any help would be appreciated. I do regular whole computer backups so in any case I would like to get rid of the MB startup error message.

Thanks
dgbx

boroda

probably its because i was changing backup format during several weeks. try close mb and delete folder 'C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Musicbee\Tag Backups'. then start mb and create fresh backup.

boroda

also you can try to disable guessing library name in '(auto)backup settings' if you are using only 1 library.

dgbx

After doing the two suggested actions, the problem has disappeared. Thank you very much. 

PolkSDA

Just did an update to the most current version of MusicBee and this plugin, but still cannot configure the plugin. Edit Preferences > Plugins > Configure results in the following:

MusicBee v3.0.6172.33966 (Win6.1), 30 Nov 2016 13:17:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName)
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=q_Byn7p7uYnH$D8rPWGVtvw==(IntPtr #=qjFWSK9rKZJ64QvPKm23YbA==)

boroda

i suggest all other plugin windows are displayed in english (are not localized)?

PolkSDA

Correct. Yours is the only plugin I have installed myself. The other ones that are listed are part of the Music Bee install. The list of plugins on that screen are as follows:

last.fm (disabled)
cd art display (disabled)
xbox music
additional tagging tools
theater mode

I went ahead and disabled "xbox music" and "theater mode" and exited and restarted Music Bee, just in case there was some conflict, but that did not fix the error.

Thanks.

boroda

no, it cant be due to other plugins. some plugin resource (which is stored in one of plugin dll's) is corrupted. i'd recommend to delete all plugin files from 'plugins' folder, redownload plugin and install it again. at least 'configure' window works fine for english localization on my pc.

PolkSDA

Deleted all plugin files. Did a fresh download. No change. Still same error.

MusicBee v3.0.6172.33966 (Win6.1), 1 Dec 2016 14:00:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName)
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=q_Byn7p7uYnH$D8rPWGVtvw==(IntPtr #=qjFWSK9rKZJ64QvPKm23YbA==)

redwing

Coming from this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20379.0

It would be useful if this plugin supports a command that can convert any Unicode punctuation characters in selected tags to their ASCII equivalents. As the topic suggests, this can always happen whenever the user auto-tags tracks from Musicbrainz in addition to already existing tags.

Picard seems to have such a feature, but when looking at the code, it's trying to do a bit too much beyond punctuation: https://github.com/metabrainz/picard/blob/cb9b6294e2502b637c93a93a54d96f46570f2407/picard/util/textencoding.py

I think it only needs to convert just punctuation characters to be useful. Other characters are rarely used and if they are used it could be intended.

The tags where this can happen most often includes title, album, lyrics, comments and filename. It would be great if the user could keep a set of tags selected at once for this command. But changing folder name in path should be warned before execution as that is likely to affect finding other tracks under those folders.

What do you think?

redwing

On second thought, probably it would be better for this new command or preset not to support changing filename and path at all as it might break mapping of the files with MB database (which could end up losing all metadata saved only in MB db).
I think the best place for that would be a new option in "Remap Music Files" command dialog as it needs to be executed for entire database, not just for a subset of files which could break the mapping for other affected files.
Not sure this plugin can do such a remapping as well. If not, I'll post such a wish from MB side.

boroda

@redwing, mb api doesn't allow such kind of things, thought i really can do some characters substitutions only in tags. also unicode can contain above 1,000,000 characters and i even don't know the number of punctuation chars in the latest version of unicode. i don't think this can usefully implemented in plugin.

@PolkSDA, i think i cant help you.

redwing

@redwing, mb api doesn't allow such kind of things, thought i really can do some characters substitutions only in tags. also unicode can contain above 1,000,000 characters and i even don't know the number of punctuation chars in the latest version of unicode. i don't think this can usefully implemented in plugin.

Converting only 68 characters would be more than enough. Look at the linked Picard code from line 107 to 175.

u"\u013F": u"L",  # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER L WITH MIDDLE DOT (compat)
    u"\u0140": u"l",  # LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH MIDDLE DOT (compat)
    u"\u2018": u"'",  # LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2019": u"'",  # RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201A": u"'",  # SINGLE LOW-9 QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201B": u"'",  # SINGLE HIGH-REVERSED-9 QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201C": u"\"",  # LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201D": u"\"",  # RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201E": u"\"",  # DOUBLE LOW-9 QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u201F": u"\"",  # DOUBLE HIGH-REVERSED-9 QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2032": u"'",  # PRIME
    u"\u2033": u"\"",  # DOUBLE PRIME
    u"\u301D": u"\"",  # REVERSED DOUBLE PRIME QUOTATION MARK
    u"\u301E": u"\"",  # DOUBLE PRIME QUOTATION MARK
    u"\u00AB": u"<<",  # LEFT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u00BB": u">>",  # RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2039": u"<",  # SINGLE LEFT-POINTING ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
    u"\u203A": u">",  # SINGLE RIGHT-POINTING ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
    u"\u00AD": u"",  # SOFT HYPHEN (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2010": u"-",  # HYPHEN (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2011": u"-",  # NON-BREAKING HYPHEN (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2012": u"-",  # FIGURE DASH (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2013": u"-",  # EN DASH (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2014": u"-",  # EM DASH (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2015": u"-",  # HORIZONTAL BAR (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\uFE31": u"|",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL EM DASH (compat)
    u"\uFE32": u"|",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL EN DASH (compat)
    u"\uFE58": u"-",  # SMALL EM DASH (compat)
    u"\u2016": u"||",  # DOUBLE VERTICAL LINE
    u"\u2044": u"/",  # FRACTION SLASH (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2045": u"[",  # LEFT SQUARE BRACKET WITH QUILL
    u"\u2046": u"]",  # RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET WITH QUILL
    u"\u204E": u"*",  # LOW ASTERISK
    u"\u3008": u"<",  # LEFT ANGLE BRACKET
    u"\u3009": u">",  # RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET
    u"\u300A": u"<<",  # LEFT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET
    u"\u300B": u">>",  # RIGHT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET
    u"\u3014": u"[",  # LEFT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
    u"\u3015": u"]",  # RIGHT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
    u"\u3018": u"[",  # LEFT WHITE TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
    u"\u3019": u"]",  # RIGHT WHITE TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
    u"\u301A": u"[",  # LEFT WHITE SQUARE BRACKET
    u"\u301B": u"]",  # RIGHT WHITE SQUARE BRACKET
    u"\uFE11": u",",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL IDEOGRAPHIC COMMA (compat)
    u"\uFE12": u".",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP (compat)
    u"\uFE39": u"[",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL LEFT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE3A": u"]",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL RIGHT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE3D": u"<<",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL LEFT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE3E": u">>",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL RIGHT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE3F": u"<",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL LEFT ANGLE BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE40": u">",  # PRESENTATION FORM FOR VERTICAL RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE51": u",",  # SMALL IDEOGRAPHIC COMMA (compat)
    u"\uFE5D": u"[",  # SMALL LEFT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFE5E": u"]",  # SMALL RIGHT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET (compat)
    u"\uFF5F": u"((",  # FULLWIDTH LEFT WHITE PARENTHESIS (compat)(from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\uFF60": u"))",  # FULLWIDTH RIGHT WHITE PARENTHESIS (compat)(from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\uFF61": u".",  # HALFWIDTH IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP (compat)
    u"\uFF64": u",",  # HALFWIDTH IDEOGRAPHIC COMMA (compat)
    u"\u2212": u"-",  # MINUS SIGN (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2215": u"/",  # DIVISION SLASH (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2216": u"\\",  # SET MINUS (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2223": u"|",  # DIVIDES (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u2225": u"||",  # PARALLEL TO (from ‹character-fallback›)
    u"\u226A": u"<<",  # MUCH LESS-THAN
    u"\u226B": u">>",  # MUCH GREATER-THAN
    u"\u2985": u"((",  # LEFT WHITE PARENTHESIS
    u"\u2986": u"))",  # RIGHT WHITE PARENTHESIS
    u"\u200B": u"", # Zero Width Space

Some special ASR preset could do the job that detects those characters and converts to ascii code just like the apostrophe preset.