Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929789 times)

redwing

Then always enabling the tag history context menu command solves the problem? If so, do it that way. It won't be an issue as it would only require one more click to pop up "No backup data for tag changes" message when there's no changes.

boroda

@redwing
i want to know your opinion:
is it better to restore selected tags for the whole library or for selected tracks only? ofc if one of selected tracks was never backed up, nothing will be changed for this track.

redwing

Can you support both? Restoring for selected tracks would be useful when you saved wrong tag values to the whole tracks in a filter. If you restore for the whole library in this case then you will lost tag changes made onto other unaffected tracks. On the other hand, restoring the whole library would be useful when all tracks got wrong or outdated values (e.g. when you have to use backup music files that were backed up long time ago).

boroda

restoring to selected tracks also allows to restore the whole library, just select all files, but it can require a few more clicks. do you still think that its better to make 2 restore commands?

redwing

Yes, selecting all library files and inbox files would require creating a new playlist/filter but auto-playlists exclude banned tracks. And what about hidden duplicates? It's not straight forward. Restoring an entire library shouldn't be that hassle.

redwing

I forgot to mention but you probably figured that some people might prefer manual backup only, so auto-backup should be an option.

boroda

I forgot to mention but you probably figured that some people might prefer manual backup only, so auto-backup should be an option.
yes, its already an option.

Don_Leon_87

Hello,

Can someone please explain how i can use this plugin to sort my music as "Date Created"?
I finally switched from Winamp to Musicbee and i really like it, but i really miss this option. And i can't figure out how to do this.

Thank you

Edit: I got it! Thank you for making this plugin
Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:01:57 PM by Don_Leon_87

boroda

just want to give you some details: you can use the dedicated 'copy tag' command to copy '<date created>' pseudo-tag to custom tag or you might want to tick 'toy: copy tag' asr preset to automatically do the same when you add new track to the library.

WimYogya

Hello Boroda,

Around a year ago I reported what I think is a bug in the preset to add a leading zero.
It adds zeros in all cases (with results as 013, 021 and also 001, 008) whereas I expect it to add the zero ONLY before ONE single digit: 1 > 01, 2 > 02 etc.
I got the reply that there was no problem.
But whatever I tried since then, I could not get the result I expected.
Any solution?

Thanks!
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Ravoblex

I installed "Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools" with the hopes of exporting my 5-Star albums to external file for cataloging. I created the subfolder ASR Presets. It still doesn't show up in Preferences/Plugins.

I installed the plugin directly into the plugins folder without creating the plugin's own folder as per the instructions. This seemed odd, but I did it. Then I created the ASR sub-folder.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

boroda

Hello Boroda,

Around a year ago I reported what I think is a bug in the preset to add a leading zero.
It adds zeros in all cases (with results as 013, 021 and also 001, 008) whereas I expect it to add the zero ONLY before ONE single digit: 1 > 01, 2 > 02 etc.
I got the reply that there was no problem.
But whatever I tried since then, I could not get the result I expected.
Any solution?

Thanks!
Wim
the only suggestion i have is you have changed version of preset. try to re-import all presets.

boroda

I installed "Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools" with the hopes of exporting my 5-Star albums to external file for cataloging. I created the subfolder ASR Presets. It still doesn't show up in Preferences/Plugins.

I installed the plugin directly into the plugins folder without creating the plugin's own folder as per the instructions. This seemed odd, but I did it. Then I created the ASR sub-folder.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?
no ideas except for plugin dll may be corrupted. try to re-download plugin zip again.

p.s. what mb version you are using?

WimYogya

@boroda
Did what you suggested, even more: downloaded the newest plugin version > closed MB > deleted the old plugin parts in my MB folder > extracted the newest version there > restarted MB > activated ASR > imported all presets > did a new test > same result.
As the attached .jpg shows: the ASR screen PROMISES to leave 10, 11, 12, 13 unchanged, but as the results show it DOES CHANGE them into 010, 011, 012, 013.
(And if you repeat the same test the result is even stranger: 07, 08, 09, 010, 011, 012 change into 007, 008, 009, 10, 11, 12).

http://imgur.com/YrhG5IO

Long time ago I personalized a number of the default presets and put them on the top of my ASR-screen, but for this test I used 'your' unchanged default preset that promises to add zeros.
What is wrong?
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:03:51 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia