Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932249 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I tend to create my own presets but I usually test them first with regexr.  Probably not going to be an issue often enough to bother with.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

seabeam

Hy,

after updating to the latest Version from 26.02.2016 the window appears like this: (look at the sreenshot): http://imgur.com/blQjjNh

Musicbee Version: 3.0.5960

Thank you for help.

Steven

• Administrator

boroda

i have no ideas about what is happening. try to answer Steven.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74...

As I'm clearing not-need files/apps from my hard drive, I noticed two ASR Preset sub-directories.  One is under AppData and the other is under Plugins.  I'd be surprised if ASR needed both, but which is the one that is used?  I'd like to delete the other one.

Also, is there a way to send someone  a custom preset?  I'm specifically thinking about earlier this week where I created a step-by-step for a forum user who was having trouble removing track numbers from the artist tag.  It would've been nice if I could've created the preset and sent it to him via PM, email, or even posting in the forum so others could use it.  If this doesn't 'feature' doesn't exist, it would be nice if you could add it at some point in the future.

Thanks for all the time you've put into this plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

GeekyFreakyEddy

@ssri

The text on the right side ends abruptly. It seems there are a lot of buttons missing. Here is the screenshot:

theta_wave

@ssri

The text on the right side ends abruptly. It seems there are a lot of buttons missing. Here is the screenshot:
Sorry, but I don't see it on my end.  I do admit that I see a little bit of the rightside slightly truncated.

Screen resolution: 1920x1080
DPI setting:  125%, 120 pixels per inch

seabeam

Sorry for the late Reply

Windows 10
Screen Resolution: 1680x1050
DPI 100%

GeekyFreakyEddy

@ssri

Yes and there were no buttons, but I have solved the problem. It was the german localization. I deleted all localization folders and now I have the english localization - now the window is complete and all buttons are visible.

seabeam

i do the same, no effect. The window apperars wihout the Buttons on the right side.

boroda

@boroda74...

As I'm clearing not-need files/apps from my hard drive, I noticed two ASR Preset sub-directories.  One is under AppData and the other is under Plugins.  I'd be surprised if ASR needed both, but which is the one that is used?  I'd like to delete the other one.

Also, is there a way to send someone  a custom preset?  I'm specifically thinking about earlier this week where I created a step-by-step for a forum user who was having trouble removing track numbers from the artist tag.  It would've been nice if I could've created the preset and sent it to him via PM, email, or even posting in the forum so others could use it.  If this 'feature' doesn't exist, it would be nice if you could add it at some point in the future.

Thanks for all the time you've put into this plugin.
1. 'asr presets' folder in 'plugins' folder exist only because 'plugins' folder is usually read-only without rights elevation, so it wouldn't be possible for plugin to write new presets to this folder. it is used only for importing new presets and not needed for plugin functionality.

2. you can find asr preset in 'appdata\asr presets' folder, but presets names are guids, not descriptive names. you can see preset guid if click 'edit' button in the asr window.

3. there is already sending functionality in asr, but i have disabled it, because it requires setting up smtp server (i think its too difficult for many users). if you are ready to set up smtp server, i can reenable it.
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:04:28 PM by phred

seabeam

I solved the Problem for me.

The issue with the window without the Buttons on the right side, is caused by mb_TagTools.resources (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\de).
I have replaced the dll with the Version before the acutal Version and it looks like before and works like before.

theta_wave

I solved the Problem for me.

The issue with the window without the Buttons on the right side, is caused by mb_TagTools.resources (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\de).
I have replaced the dll with the Version before the acutal Version and it looks like before and works like before.
hmmm,  good to know.   I haven't updated mine for a few months.  The version I have installed works fine.

boroda

i'll recheck german localization, but i suggest its something specific to your machine.

redwing

Thanks boroda74 for showing your interest in PM in developing a new plugin. Actually I have two ideas. Maybe one can be integrated into Additional Tagging Tools plugin, but it's your decision. Here are my ideas.

Template Manager

MB's problem with templates is the number of templates that can be used is limited and changing templates and storing unused templates are either quite cumbersome or not supported. This plugin will provide a way to store unused templates and effectively manage various templates used in MB.

1. Open the plugin under Tools menu or via a hotkey.

2. Select a section among three: virtual tags, external tools commands, custom web links.

3. Each section will show two tables (current and stored) with the same column sets.

<Virtual Tags>
Current
No. | Label | Formula | Descriptions

Stored
No. | Label | Formula | Descriptions

<External Tools Commands>
Current
No. | Label | Path | Parameters | Wait | Descriptions

Stored
No. | Label | Path | Parameters | Wait | Descriptions

<Custom Web Links>
Current
No. | Label | Web Link | Descriptions

Stored
No. | Label | Web Link | Descriptions

4. The user can move each line to anywhere he wants (either on the same table or to the other). Upon saving, the plugin updates both MB's settings file to reflect the changes made onto the current tables and the plugin's data file to save all.

Though the user could edit any cell on the plugin window tables, no need to support writing functions and fields like MB as it's assumed wrting formula is done on MB.

Backup and Restore Tool

It would be useful if a plugin can auto-save MB's xml database file regularly, and when something goes wrong it can assist the user in restoring lost tags. This would allow to import only specific tags from the xml file and thus give more choices to users migrating from other music players. Also it can work as a "tag time machine" since it stores all history of the tag changes made. Then users can keep tag history without having to store multiple versions of music files.

1. Open the plugin under Tools menu or via a hotkey.

2. On Backup section, the user sets how often it will save the xml file and how long it will keep each saved file. Also sets a path to backup. So this section displays the current settings and how many files have been stored since when.

3. On Restore section, the user could select one of the saved xml files to import. This will open a window where the user could select/deselect what tags to be imported. Upon applying it, the plugin will have MB rewrite database file via Library/Import command.

4. Each track shows a context menu command "Tag History". This will open a window where all tag changes made onto the track will display based on the saved xml files (probably the plugin needs to keep a master data file to handle this when each xml file is backed up). Then the user could select an old value to update the current tag value.

5. It could also support backup & restore of MB settings file.
Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:16:15 PM by redwing