Author Topic: Subsonic Client  (Read 147406 times)

MiDWaN

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

I have just installed MusicBee 2.5.5804 on two systems running Windows 8.1, and subsonic 6.0 (build 830afc).

Everything works perfectly, except playback of flac files, which follows this exact pattern.

I have tried reinstallling MusicBee and the Susbsonic plug in without success.

Thanks in advance

Christopher Dillon

Christopher, I've just tested an installation playing back FLAC files through the plugin, and I didn't see any problems in either listing, or playing back the files.
Could you please open an issue on Github's relevant section, describing your problem in detail (screenshots included, if possible) so we can take it from there?
Here's the link: https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/issues

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the updated version. However, the problem I reported here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3620.msg106098#msg106098
still exists.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MiDWaN

I'm working on any remaining (reported) bugs at the moment, so this is one of the next ones to look into.

Thanks for opening an Issue on Github, we can take the details there and report back here once it's fixed.

MiDWaN

Hi all,

I've just published a new beta version, here: https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/releases/tag/v2.5-beta

This version has some major improvements:
- Completely rewrote the mechanism of communication with the Subsonic server. This should help speed things up and eliminate a few bugs.
- Fixed handling of invalid characters in the XML response received from some Subsonic servers. This fixes files not showing in playlists.
- Internal code cleanup and optimization.
- Improved user notifications when something goes wrong (e.g. no permissions to download a track).
- Improved behavior when changing Host settings - will now delete the old Cache file automatically and notify MusicBee to refresh.

I'd be grateful if you could give it a try and let me know how it behaves for you.

Please note that in this release's archive there are more than just one DLL file, all should be kept together and placed in the same "plugins" folder of MB as usual.

phred

• Global Moderator
All seems fine at this point with the minor (for me) exception of not getting any album art. I can live without that as I'm listening to  music, not looking at pictures. It could also be that it takes a while for the art to load and all I tried were a couple of quick tests to see if music is playing from my playlists. And it does. 

Thanks very much for the time you put into tracking down the issue.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MiDWaN

Happy to see that your problem is fixed. :)
As I mentioned in the Github issue thread, I could see the artwork from your server normally in my tests, so let me know if it still doesn't download it later on.

Now would be a good time to have some more people testing it and report any issues (if they find any). Especially since I've rewrote the whole mechanism for communicating with the server and back, it would be interesting to know if all works fine in all the areas (and if not, to please let me know so we can fix it).

MiDWaN

I've found one bug already, which I've opened myself on Github: https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/issues/11

If you select a top-level directory, an error is displayed ("Directory not found"). Browsing and opening subfolders works as expected.
This will be fixed in the next beta update.

MiDWaN

Just an update, the Artwork not showing problem was apparently a bug in MB, Steven fixed it in the latest Patched version. ;-)

Meanwhile I'm working on improving the performance in the plugin, especially when lots of tracks are involved in Playlists (I've found that it's not very efficient there). Once a new version is ready for further testing, I will post another update here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just an update, the Artwork not showing problem was apparently a bug in MB, Steven fixed it in the latest Patched version. ;-)
Confirming that the artwork now shows as expected when in SubSonic node of MB 3.0.6057. Thanks to MidWan for figuring out there there was a bug in MB and to Steven for (as always) fixing it quickly.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MiDWaN

New beta version, v2.7.

This is a minor update with only one change from v2.6beta:
- Lowered the Subsonic API version requirement to v1.13.0. This should allow Subsonic forked projects like LibreSonic to work with the plugin now.

I noticed that with the website redesign the plugins section lost the Subsonic entry. I'll see if I can add it there again, but you can always grab it from here also:
https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/releases

MiDWaN

Some good news: from what I could test, the problems I had with streaming (instead of downloading the track) seem to be resolved with the latest version of MusicBee.
That means that issue #12 (https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/issues/12) can be now closed.

If anyone is still facing a problem related to that, please let me know.

I will also add the option to use the older method of authentication (sending over the password hex encoded), to support LDAP authentication with Subsonic-like servers, such as LibreSonic. Related issue is described here: https://github.com/Libresonic/libresonic/issues/69

This will be disabled by default, so existing users will not be affected.

dex1701

Ok, I'm using Subsonic server version 6.0 and plug-in version 2.9 (beta).  For some reason, I can't get any music to show up in my MusicBee library.  I'm using the same address and credentials that I use successfully with the Subsonic web UI, SubAir, and DSub on Android.  I don't get any errors when I configure the MusicBee plug-in, and Subsonic shows up as a "drive" when I create a new library.  However, after I have everything set up, no music appears in the MusicBee UI.  If I use the re-scan library option in MusicBee, it immediately says that the re-scan is complete and no new music was found.

Any ideas?  Thanks!
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:45:57 PM by dex1701

MiDWaN

Ok, I'm using Subsonic server version 6.0 and plug-in version 2.9 (beta).  For some reason, I can't get any music to show up in my MusicBee library.  I'm using the same address and credentials that I use successfully with the Subsonic web UI, SubAir, and DSub on Android.  I don't get any errors when I configure the MusicBee plug-in, and Subsonic shows up as a "drive" when I create a new library.  However, after I have everything set up, no music appears in the MusicBee UI.  If I use the re-scan library option in MusicBee, it immediately says that the re-scan is complete and no new music was found.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

That sounds a bit strange. We'll need to check a few things to see what's wrong.
Could you please open an Issue on the project's Github page, so we can track this properly?
You can find the page here: https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/issues

Thanks!

retrofan01

At the moment, I have DSub on Android set up as my only Subsonic client. When I start playing an album in DSub then pause it, I can go to Subsonic's web UI, select the More actions menu in the player bar, click Load Play Queue and it'll load the tracks in the playlist and resume playing where I left off. There's a Save Play Queue option too but I've not tried this yet.

Could this functionality be built into the MBSubsonic plugin? I've tried many different ways of syncing play queue/play position between my phone and desktop PC and this looks like the best way I've found so far. Even better would be a way to do this automatically, like Spotify Connect.

MiDWaN

That's an interesting idea, but I'll have to check if:
a) the Subsonic API supports this functionality and
b) MusicBee allows for this through the plugin.

I'll add it to the list of items and let you know once I have more details.