Author Topic: Player Controls Panel  (Read 6974 times)

soundmill

Hello Steven

First I would like to congratulate you for an awesome program, I'm finally able to get rid of iTunes!

As for a MusicBee wish:

- Would it be possible to also have the option to place the Player Controls Panel at the top (similar to iTunes). On a large monitor or high resolution you have to make to many miles with the cursor  :)

- Would it be possible to expand the A-Z jump bar further for each letter like Aa-Ab etc or maybe in chunks of a couple of letters Aa-Ae, Af-Aj,
I have a huge mp3 collection.......

In any case thanks again for a great piece of software!!

Robert

VX

Both feature requests are reasonable IMHO and I'd love to see it in MB   8)

Welcome aboard, Soundmill  :)

coda

• Independent internet professional
- Would it be possible to also have the option to place the Player Controls Panel at the top (similar to iTunes). On a large monitor or high resolution you have to make to many miles with the cursor  :)

I'm also requesting this, more for the reason that I think it's more practical and visible at the top.

Blinghound

I made a mockup with the player controls at the top (using rotems pop pink skin, with slightly darker player controls).

I think it would be a great option to have, especially those with high resolution monitors :)

cartman005

Very nice. I think I would prefer top controls given the option, like iTunes. What if the song title information was centered though?

soundmill

Yes, Blinghound that is what I'm lookng for.

regards
soundmill

aidanw

+1 for this

though we should start calling it "iMusicBeeTunes" soon if this carries on... :-)

cartman005

though we should start calling it "iMusicBeeTunes" soon if this carries on... :-)

No way. It may look similar but it is what is behind the scenes that matters most.  ;D

VX

The mockup looks very nice, thanks Blinghound  :)

AlternateInvention

I just downloaded MusicBee after trying out all the different players out there and am so happy that it has all the features I'm looking for. Plus, it's fast and responsive. It's nearly perfect!

My only request right now is that the player controls be moveable to the top as suggested in this thread. The mockup by Blinghound is exactly what I was thinking.

Steven

• Administrator
its actually quite an easy change to make and i did it as a trial but it really doesnt work well.
It looks quite cluttered as is, and the navigator bar just below the player controls doesnt look good.
I think it would need to "lose" some of the controls, possibly the entire navigator bar.
So i want to think about it and try out a few things over the next weeks
Also check out what cooljazz has been doing as a mockup with the Modern Skins topic in the skins section

AlternateInvention

Thanks for your response, Steven. I hope that the option makes it into an upcoming version, cluttered as it may look.

I checked out cooljazz's mockup and it's quite nice. Wouldn't mind seeing that as a skin or even the default layout!

soundmill

Hi Steven

Thank you for implementing the Player Controls at the top option!

love it
Robert