Author Topic: CD Burning Support  (Read 4494 times)

Morpheus

First of all, MusicBee is a promising piece of Software :-)

What i'd really like to see is the possibility to burn Audio CDs. Perhaps this can be done using cdrtools (like CDRTFE od burrrn!)?

Morpheus

Zero3K

If you're wanting to copy an Audio CD to your hard drive, its already possible. There should be an option to do so when you're viewing the tracks on the CD.

Steven

• Administrator
hi, and sorry for delay in response - kind of got swamped and forgot about your request.
Copying and playing from the CD as Zero3K points out is already supported.
However writing to the CD is not and its an area I don't have much knowledge of. I made an initial look at this some time ago and found XP to be a mess (I figured out how i could do CD burning but not DVD format) but much better support and easier to implement for Vista. I haven't looked into the tools you mention and will do at a later date. However I will also need to consider the licensing aspect as my application is not open source.
In honesty i don't think i will be able to investigate this for a few months though as whatever i do won't be a trivial piece of work.
But in the interim, can you not use the CD writing tool that shipped with your computer? I guess it would be a little easier to do from MB, and MB would be able to write playlists you already have or integrate to the auto-DJ if you want some variety.
steven

questor9987

To create a CD from your playlist you shoud create a .m3u- file from the list. Mark the files in the list, right click,  select "list", "export external playlist" . You can see the files location on the bottom of the monitor.
Open your Freeware CD- Burner ( in my case CDBurner XP) and select "create audio cd". In my case plug & play worked. Drag the m3u in the area for the tracks you want to burn and burn it.

Steven

• Administrator
as it happens CD burning is the next major sub-project i plan to do for musicbee, which will be done around xmas time.
It will only be Vista and Win7 though