Author Topic: Files being saved?  (Read 2317 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been having this problem a lot lately, especially while working with files on my external drive and/or SD card.  MusicBee will say files have been updated, but then the program icon shows a background process that just sits there, and when I try to close the program I get a message that says "files are still being saved."  If I tell it to close anyway, the window closes but I have to kill the process with Task Manager.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
in v3.1 files are saved in the background. It should be updating the status bar with a progress count as each file is saved and the windows musicbee taskbar icon with a progress bar.
Did it save the first few files?
Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:06:26 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Best I can tell, the files are in fact saved, it's just the process that gets stuck.  This is what it looked like this afternoon, after I had updated several files in a row (one at a time):

I didn't have to kill the process afterwards, but it did report files still being saved, even hours later. I'm trying to reproduce it right now. (Using 3.1.6256)

Edit: So far, I can't reproduce it from a clean start, with nothing else going on.  I had some of the files playing earlier; I wonder if it's related to files that are locked due to playback.

Edit 2: The only thing in my error log is this error as reported on the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg124227#msg124227

Code
2/19/2017 10:59:56 PM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.1.6256.33274 - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.ReceiveNotification(String sourceFileUrl, NotificationType type)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qmhirtYlTnQv8$9lTqUYVACcgWavMudLVfFXwGtzmzWo=()

Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:00:19 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version and send me the info at the end of the error log after saving a couple of files

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8brhf807z77cu7/MusicBeeDebugSave.zip

MusicBebe

An old thread, but I am experiencing the exact thing. I found this thread when I searched for {"files are still being saved" musicbee} I see it's been viewed 1500 times, so I thought it would be ok to revive it. I hope that's ok. Running MB 3.4.8033 P

I had recently done a series of tag updates on several hundred file sets in succession. These didn't seem to take very long to do, just a few seconds, and they the process seems to have completed.

But the green overlay in the MN taskbar icon doesn't make any progress. Process Hacker doesn't show any unusual activity by MB. Here's what the message looks like. (Sorry it is so large here!! It doesn't look like that in my screen cap app or at imgur. Anyone know why?)

When I shut down anyway, it shuts down normally, no need to terminate process. When I run it again, it starts normally. When I do a "scan folders for new files" (even though there are none) it takes a few seconds, as usual (over wifi to a networked desktop), seems to do something like a scan verification, and that's that.

Anyway. Really liking MB.  

Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:24:37 AM by MusicBebe