Author Topic: Getting rid of .cue sheets  (Read 3296 times)

Phaedrus

I've run into this before, and I fixed it, but It keeps popping up from time to time, and I'd like to know how to fix it.

I keep the .cue file used to split the original file, in the same directory as the split files. (Mostly because I don't like losing any data. It serves no real purpose.) Everything is fine, unless I have a split file with the same name as the .cue file.

Example;
Enigma - Voyageur.cue
Enigma - Voyageur.flac
The original file was called "Enigma - Voyageur.flac." The artist is Enigma, the album is "Voyageur," and there is a track named "Enigma - Voyageur." My file naming scheme is <Album Artist> - <Track>

I've found that in Music Bee, I have all my tracks doubled, because it is reading the .cue, and splitting the file with the same name. (Obviously the duplicates don't play properly.) When I find this, and try to rename the .Cue file, the file is still split. I've rescanned the folder, and even deleted the .cue file, but the split remains in place.

How do I get rid of these "virtual" files without selecting and deleting them from the database? And If I have to delete them manually, why? (How is Music Bee maintaining this information?)
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using v3.1 you can right click on the files/ Remove Cuesheet

Phaedrus

Just before I posted, I upgraded to 3.0.6257.

I am still pretty new to MusicBee, and I am a bit unclear on how to get the latest beta. I'm also not really familiar with how stable the betas are. I'm pretty consistent my backups, so as long as there isn't a major risk, I'm happy to help. Not sure how much help I'd be, though.

Otherwise, It's not a huge deal for me, so I can be patient.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear