Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 4288 times)

AMDphreak

I've never made a thank-you post on any forum before. I really appreciate all the hard work and excellent design put into MusicBee and wanted to thank the devs and community abundantly for making this software what it is.

I have tried many many music libraries and the only other one that came close to the sheer quality and depth of features and presentability of MusicBee is Winamp, but Winamp is undergoing restructuring of the brand identity and the software is being gutted and rewritten, from what I last heard.

I once had a dream to be a contributor to open-source and community-sourced media projects but I never could figure out how to use version control software, and the programming industry rapidly advanced, making any knowledge I had of IDEs and languages obsolete by the next year. I liked to memorize all intricate details of a language so I could plan an entire program out in my mind before I started writing, and this was difficult to do when I didn't know the nuances of every new language that came along. It became a battle I couldn't keep up with. However, I was always aware of how programs, and their interfaces, could be designed and was always ahead of the learning curve and watching the programs catch up to modern ideals of design.

Media management interfaces have always been tricky to design, but to the best of my knowledge, MusicBee accomplishes the best of both simplicity and complexity.

Let's just hope Adobe doesn't start trying to make slow buggy media managers with good interfaces!