Author Topic: Multiple Sort Album Artist not recognized properly  (Read 1597 times)

marlonob

Consists in:
Those artists who appear in a multi-value <Sort Album Artist> tag, though showing properly in the thumbnail browser, show an empty Main Panel.

Happens when:
  • in the Music tab
  • having the thumbnail browser set to “Sort Album Artist”

Notes:
  • It works fine for <Album Artist>
  • It works fine for <Sort Album Artist> with just one value
  • MB version: 3.1.6246

Steven

• Administrator
it doesnt make sense to have multiple ways to sort the album artist

marlonob

Not for multiple ways to sort one Album Artist, but for each name in a multiple-value <Album Artist> tag.

For example:
Album Artist: Johann Sebastian Bach; Ludwig van Beethoven; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Sort Album Artist: Bach, Johann Sebastian; Beethoven, Ludwig van; Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus

Most of my classical music albums have at least the composer, the orchestra and the director as album artists…

Diederik

For some albums I am using multiple album artists as well. Mostly classical albums where there are multiple primary artists. It would be nice if MusicBee could recognize them as the other poster suggested.

Currently I have the Thumbnail browser set up to display Sort Album Artist and show the number of albums per artist. MusicBee counts the albums with multiple Sort Album Artists, but when I select the artist, it does not show the albums with multiple Sort Album Artists in the main panel.
For example the count in Thumbnail browser reads 2, but MusicBee only shows 1 album in the main panel.