Author Topic: Podcasts: add "Check for updates" to the Subscriptions header menu  (Read 1503 times)

klint

For better usability (as it is not obvious that F5/Check for update works either globally or locally depending on the active subscription in the podcast list), could a "Check for updates" option be added to the menu on the Subscriptions header?

Or maybe, as an alternative, could a setting be added to define the scope of the F5/"Check for update" option: either as today, or always "all subscriptions"?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
It should not be F5 as that's already designated as a 'refresh.'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

klint

Yes but both F5 or "Right Click/Check for updates" are contextual, which is not obvious to the user:
- if focus is on a normal subscription, both will just refresh that subscription
- if focus is on the "Recent updates" pseudo-subscription, both will refresh ALL subscriptions.

So, refreshing all subscriptions is not easy today (I've been a heavy user of podcasts in MB for years, but I had not realized how it works until last week... silly me ;) ).
That is why I am asking for this additional option (or the alternative), to make this feature more obvious.

A 3rd alternative would be to have the option title for "Check for updates" more precise and contextual: "Check for updates of this subscription" and "Check for updates of all subscriptions", for instance.