Author Topic: HELP! Scanning for new files DELETES all entries in database from extern. drives  (Read 1502 times)

rotong

I have 3 external drives mounted to MB. When the drives are off an exclamation mark is being displayed in front of these files. That's OK.

Now when I press insert (scanning for new files) ALL entries in the database from these external drives which are OFFLINE but marked in the overview as folders to scan, are being deleted or are not visible anymore. (Luckily I had a backup!!)

However, if I unmark these external drives in the overview all files are maintained in the database.
HELP!! This is a very strange behaviour.
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:39:01 PM by rotong

Steven

• Administrator

rotong

I'm sorry Steven but I have still the same problem. All my files in the MusicBee DB from the external drives are gone if they are offline and monitored or scanned for new files. 

MusicBee version 3.0.6248.36282 installed,

Steven

• Administrator
the only way i can see that could happen is if you ran the manual scanner very quickly after startup, say within the first minute or two.
This version addresses that:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

for monitored folders (continuous or startup), even if there was a flaw in the logic which i do not believe to be the case, then you would be prompted to confirm the files removal from the library.