Author Topic: Replaygain being ignored for certain MP3 files  (Read 1667 times)

exterrestris

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Replaygain values being ignored/not recognised on certain MP3 files in my collection - these files have Replaygain tags (applied by dbPowerAmp in common with the rest of my music) which show in the Tag Inspector, but not under volume levelling, and the volume adjustments aren't applied during playback.

For example:

I've tried removing the files from MusicBee and rescanning, but this has no effect. Nor does the latest patched version.

hiccup

Welcome to the forum exterrestris.
Are there perhaps conflicting ID3v1 and/or APEv2 'loudness' tags present in those files?
You could use: Tools > Tagging Tools > Remove Tags > 'remove specific tags' to find and remove those.

exterrestris

That did the trick for some of the files. The Tag Inspector wasn't showing any APEv2 tags, and only the IDE3v1 Artist, Album, Comment, Genre, Title and Year tags, so I wasn't expecting removing the tags to work. Tried it anyway - removed all Replaygain tags, recalculated them using dbPowerAmp, and now they are recognised by MusicBee!

Still had a stubborn album that refused to play along with this process - in the end I got MusicBee to do the Replaygain analysis, which worked fine. Subsequently redid it with dbPowerAmp (for consistency with the rest of my library), and the tags are still recognised - so no clue as to what the issue was there.

Hadn't seen the Tagging Tools before, so thanks for pointing it out!

hiccup

For files that remain 'stubborn', you could run them through MP3Diags.
It is quite good in detecting possibly conflicting tag frames.