Author Topic: Tracks view + Genre Filter + setting ratings = visual glitches & crashes  (Read 1817 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
so I wanted to rate a few tracks of a given genre specifically, since I haven't gotten there yet in my effort to retag my whole library and I need some for a gig this weekend.
What I thought should be straight forward produced a few unexpected results. When I am in Tracks view, then go to a Genre Filter via left side Genre panel and then set a rating within the tracks view I got:

- visual artifact/glitch - MB flushes tracks list completely, which is/was showing tracks with a specific Genre value only. It then stays empty for about 0.5-3 seconds, after which the tracks list rebuilds itself visually with the tracks and the sorting it had before. This is every time a rating value is changed.

- visual artifact/glitch - the wavebar, which is docked at the bottom of the main panel which is the tracks view is part of jumps and gets rendered at the top of Tracks view for 0.5-1 second. This happened about 3 times while attempting to set ~10 rating values (before giving up and going back to main tracks view without the genre filter).

- crash - 2 times MusicBee did not manage to refresh the tracks view and became inactive / unresponsive, and needed to be terminated via Task Manager.

Not critical as there's a workaround, i.e. I can't use genre filters when wanting to set ratings so I just use the unfiltered full library view instead. But is this happening for anyone else or a known issue ?

Cheers.
c.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
i wasnt able to reproduce any issues using your settings. However for the next update i have changed the functionality so the main panel is not reloaded when a filter (genre in your case) is active and you set a rating. It will mean the ratings wont re-sort but that is consistent with how it works now when no filter is active and consistent with how the tag editor works as well.