Author Topic: Possible Bug: Library Filter Ignored on Sync  (Read 2300 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.1.6230 and syncing to a microSD card.

I have a library filter called "No Classical or Christmas" which is configured as:
Genre is not any of Christmas; Classical

When in the main library with the filter set, it works as expected. Doing a custom search for either genre, none show up. Perfect.
Yet when syncing to the card, both genres appear. I've tried a few of the other filters I have set up and I'm finding the same behavior. So it appears that MB is ignoring the filter.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and partially to prove that I'm not imagining this, here are some screenshots. You can see that the number of files does not change on the FiiO card whether or not a filter is set. While on the iPod the number of files changes correctly.

The FiiO SDcard with no filter set:

The FiiO SDcard with the no Classical or Christmas filter set:

The iPod Classic with no filter set:

The iPod Classic with the no Classical or Christmas filter set:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce a bug but not quite as you describe. It should work the first time but when you exit MB and restart, what happens is MB selects all filters in the library (except the "No filters" one). You can see by opening the combo box and all filters would all be ticked
Thats fixed for the next 3.1 update

edit:
i see that was the other bug you reported.
For this issue, are you sure you arent including other files via a playlist or something else. There is no special treatment for iPods in regards to how files are selected
Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:35:00 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
i can reproduce a bug but not quite as you describe. It should work the first time but when you exit MB and restart, what happens is MB selects all filters in the library (except the "No filters" one). You can see by opening the combo box and all filters would all be ticked
Thats fixed for the next 3.1 update
Good to hear. Thanks. (And just to make sure I understand - what is fixed is the bug with the filter selection not being persistent, correct?

edit:
i see that was the other bug you reported.
For this issue, are you sure you arent including other files via a playlist or something else. There is no special treatment for iPods in regards to how files are selected
And this issue is the one noted in this post - the library filter is being ignored, right?
Yes, playlists are included in the sync. And that's where the problem is/was. I've got 80+ playlists that are 'Rock' only. But then there are about ten more that pull from the entire library. Nice catch Steven. I'll be editing those right now.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki