Author Topic: MB won't create folder  (Read 1761 times)

Mr. Trev

For some reason MB stopped creating the "Music" folder when I try to send music to a device. It was working fine last night, but today I just get an error saying the folder doesn't exist and to check device settings - MB will create the "Playlist" folder if it isn't there however.
I was having this same problem earlier, but a clean Windows 10 and MB install sorted that out. I haven't changed any settings so I have no idea what happened.

I'm using version 3.1.6224 of MB

Steven

• Administrator
The music folder normally would already exist. Given you have said synching has worked before, the music folder must have been there at some point, so why has it since been removed? Did you try creating the folder yourself?

Mr. Trev

What I did was create a Virtual Device using a base storage path of "D:\Temp" (this is just a dumping ground for me, and I always delete everything when I'm done)
My music path is "Music\$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),3)\$Sort(<Album Artist>)\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>"

The very first transfer worked fine, all folders were created automajically.

I did some tag adjustments to the music files and then moved them to my SD card. This got rid of the "music" and "playlist" folders and I assumed that the next time, MB would just create the folders again if needed, like it always had before.

Obviously, if I manually create the "music" folder first everything goes fine. I just find it odd that MB will create the "playlist" folder if its needed, but not the "music"

Just had a thought, would things work better if I used "D:\Temp\Music" as the storage path and started the music path at $Group…

Steven

• Administrator
I did some tag adjustments to the music files and then moved them to my SD card. This got rid of the "music" and "playlist" folders and I assumed that the next time, MB would just create the folders again if needed, like it always had before.
I still cant reproduce this behavior or see why it would not create the music folder again. Just so i am 100% clear, you are refering to the virtual device, where MB is not recreating the folder right?
Also when MB isnt creating the folder, how exactly are you synchronising to the virtual device eg. manual drag/drop of files, right click/send to/... or a full synchronisation

Mr. Trev

What I typically do is right click the music/playlist and send to device (virtual in this case)

Some other info that may or may not be relevant…

The D:\temp folder is on a separate drive (HDD) as my MB install/library (SSD)

Also occurs to me that I may have been using "copy to organized folder" in the past, but I still can't see why "send to device" wouldn't create the folder each time if need be - as I mentioned, it will create the "playlists" folder everytime