Author Topic: ASIO support bug - RME HDSP 9632  (Read 1989 times)

Ali-Pacha

Hi,

posted in questions section, but I've done some investigations and it looks like a plain bug, related to how MB deals with ASIO on this card.
To make it plain and simple, it works perfectly on other players that supports ASIO (foobar, Jriver, Daphile...) but I'm addicted to MB, so...  :-[

My setup :
- Win10 PC (P5EWS + Q9400 + 8 gb RAM...not that interesting)
- RME HDSP 9632 PCI card => XLR AES/EBU => DAC (Schiit Yggdrasil). Tested also with RCA SPDIF in another DAC (Schiit Modi 2 uber)
- ASIO Hammerfall DSP driver (RME's) in MB, channel mapping set to have SPDIF-L on left channel and SPDIF-R on right channel (obviously)

Here's the bug :
When playback switch to the next track and this next track has a different sample rate, my DAC locks correctly on the new sample rate, but the sound is an awful digital mess, and playback's speed is multiplied by S1/S2, where S1 is sample rate of the previous track and S2 sample rate of the next one.

Keep in mind ASIO driver changes buffer size (cycles number) in order to keep latency steady in milliseconds. Same behaviour there with MB as other players tested (which does work flawlessly), for RME's support and community perfectly normal.

I've the feeling MB makes something too fast with ASIO driver, generating some incoherence between the new buffer size and the sample rate...but just a feeling.

I send settings file to Steven right now. Thanks ! :)

Ali
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:29:35 PM by Ali-Pacha

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
The Schiit Yggdrasil uses asynchronous mode.  MB doesn't by default. WASAPI asynchronous mode can be turned on (see here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16030.0), but I don't know if there is an equivalent setting for ASIO.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Alumni

I once had the exact same problem with my DAC in ASIO mode. I'm not sure how I solved it, must have been either updating/reinstalling my audio driver or patching MusicBee with a newer version of the bass library. Of course it won't be same for all hardware.

Ali-Pacha

Bassasio.dll is from 12/17/2014 in my installation, but I can't see where to download a possibly update on un4seen site. I've searched througout the forum, looks like it's the most recent version  :-\ If this ASIO bug affects several output devices, let's hope it'll be fixed in a next release !

Ali
Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:44:34 PM by Ali-Pacha