Author Topic: Musicbee and Google Pixel playlist transfer troubles  (Read 3966 times)

ozma

After some work i was able to get my music transferred onto the pixel. Although musicbee said that the playlists also transfered, i could not find them when i was trying to add it into the BlackPlayer (I could find all of my music)- i tried using different playlist formats- someone said only .m3u files work, but i cannot drag any of my playlists onto my pixel (only way i could get them on my device was through syncing-although i always have to use the dropdown file to sync because syncing on the page with my device "isn't compatible" but syncing that way is.
Am i just missing a path to save it to on the phone or is musicbee just incompatible with pixel?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome the forum!

Did you turn on "detect MTP" in Device Preferenecs?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ozma

I am not sure how to do that, but Pixel has options to select when it is connected to a computer and the only one that has allowed syncing is "Transfer Files"
The other options are -Charge this device -supply power -transfer photos (PTP) [transfer photos or files if MTP is not supported (PTP) -Use device as MIDI.
Based on these results, i'm assuming that MTP is automatically accepted?

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you turn on "detect MTP" in Device Preferenecs?
Preferences > Devices > detect MTP devices
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

It's possible that MusicBee did not detect your device (and its directory structure) properly when you first plugged it in. Try removing the device profile in preferences and starting over, but next time make sure the phone is connected in file transfer mode before running MusicBee.

ozma

I did so, and now i am getting this error
MusicBee v3.0.6132.15853 (Win10.0), 21 Jan 2017 14:25:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
   at #=qAhpBkeE1O5pWpQ1i2f0$dCn9$JSXK1IS9yz6dWTpEuq9b13_LJWxiBzxC0vasJds.#=qIg5J8zIg7mJLdL3MpX2fm6JN9AEVxYMn0ZyM0kqrmpQ=(#=qyXmV84TNZ9kJvSLzbwE0vBrPx$BhuHFnDIuB$gA8q54= #=qN_vS56URRk$tWjneltmRGg==)
   at #=qAhpBkeE1O5pWpQ1i2f0$dCn9$JSXK1IS9yz6dWTpEuq9b13_LJWxiBzxC0vasJds.#=qIg5J8zIg7mJLdL3MpX2fm6JN9AEVxYMn0ZyM0kqrmpQ=(#=qyXmV84TNZ9kJvSLzbwE0vBrPx$BhuHFnDIuB$gA8q54= #=qN_vS56URRk$tWjneltmRGg==)
   at #=qAhpBkeE1O5pWpQ1i2f0$dCn9$JSXK1IS9yz6dWTpEuq9b13_LJWxiBzxC0vasJds.#=qKJKdDcnc6MZjGBm8dz5AJQ==(#=qyXmV84TNZ9kJvSLzbwE0vBrPx$BhuHFnDIuB$gA8q54= #=q_AYT7O2UjENq1m_8FXgYcw==)
   at MusicBee.Media.Storage.#=q3paACOLVPglz$IPMSdgWyA==(Boolean #=qVFq98jKpD_nYbQKN1BmNDw==, Boolean #=qEr0NWedYxD1hL57R6JNaiA==, Dictionary`2 #=qLbr_h7nPHXlicI1SZHdTbL6vjUcnamp0rXYrl5jbDT4=, List`1 #=qRPtDJve3BJbx8DHGzGR2SASXMQMh4jtKWXHLbnr96RQ=, Object #=qsc8h5HjYGDdHt9T31zcenWDdxYwGnDI8LPz84pbd$uc=)
   at MusicBee.Media.Storage.#=qiaNYGW61wXypH019Ax_c2A==(Boolean #=qhZrNgMoFtp1Xt4xQzRF3BA==, #=qRo9BMvebBCa$_whkMEV0_tXo$$nUHMmM$SUbz043_Dg= #=qkDjR5$cjVSeZfbBQRqdRJw==, Object #=qqckhCn$0bJeemo7LqtqBLSPx1PYEmfYAtv1oGqLXPqI=)
   at MusicBee.Media.Storage.#=qqKQ7BWLQo8LfyCV6EDuEMQ==(Object #=qK1QpdMNFpmCQDdkfRoe_wKuPmeuov3q6Vn1gJLWCXnQ=)
   at #=qSmsCKAIpwZ6zf3hGTiH334fjEjJSmfDh9mM76YeTBwI=.#=qYkJknxnaTzrN38YOJwS$GnvgjD3IPci3OPoZJPuBSCU=(Object #=q0y969Y$tJsDUuXGel3KVzA==)

Alumni

I did so, and now i am getting this error...

Under the device configuration options, what path is it looking for? You may need to create a folder manually in Windows Explorer before MusicBee can read it.