Author Topic: Music Bee Library with Livedrive Briefcase  (Read 1073 times)

jgyurkovitz

Hello all, I really like the idea of this library manager. It appears to be the best available for Windows 10. However, I am not able to use it with my Livedrive Briefcase (where I keep all of my media files) as the library doesn't allow for adding a "Network" drive that's already mapped. The Livedrive Briefcase isn't actually a network location, hence there is no UNC address to map with the network location choice. It is mapped through the registry as a Network Drive, for internal purposes, and shows up as a mapped network drive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
You say it's mapped as a network drive. Does it have a drive letter assigned? And if not, can you assign one?
I think if you can give it a drive letter, your problem will be solved. If you can't, I don't think I'll be able to help you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jgyurkovitz

Yes, there is a drive letter assignment. I took the time to write to Livedrive support. Here is their answer:

It not because of how we mount the drive, it is due to how Windows views Virtual drives, we have not changed how this is mounted but with different releases of Windows coming out functionality has changed due to how Windows views and works with virtual drives.

jgyurkovitz

Just wondering if anyone though of a solution for Virtual Drives yet?