Author Topic: Android - Music/Podcasts/Audiobooks Player  (Read 3307 times)

frankr

I'm using MusicBee version 3.0.5995 to build my audio library, which consists of music and podcasts at this time.  MB appears to properly sync the music library on my PC with my android phone (Moto G 3rd gen).  I normally just listen to my phone's audio files when I'm in the car on a road trip.

The problem I've noticed is that the two music players on my phone (Google Play Music & BlackPlayer) appear to use ALL of the MP3 files in my phone and do not separate MP3 files from the phone's Music and Podcasts folders.  Google Player does have a Podcasts feature but it appears to only recognize downloaded podcasts rather than those found in my phone's Podcasts folder.

Are there any Android music players that recognize music in the music in the Music folder, podcasts in the Podcasts folder, and audio books in the Audiobooks folder? So far, the only one appears to be Music Folder Player.

Another alternative is to use a podcasts app and an audio books app instead.  Is there a way to restrict music MP3 files to only the Android Music folder?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I use GMMP, which has configurable folders, and I believe Rocket Player does as well.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)