Author Topic: Mood/Occasion field change  (Read 2378 times)

T0XYK

Musicbee newbie here. I'm so happy to have found this software. Thank you for the its development!

I've been going through my tracks attaching missing tags, and the one thing that kills me is the Mood and Occasion tag input format.

If you want more than 1 tag assigned to a track, you need to type the new tag, separated by ;

I'm probably trying to progress through all my tracks too quickly, but if I mistype a tag, it adds it as a completely new tag (and it makes sense why it would do so). So if you already have "Aggressive" in the system but accidentally type "Agressive" (or whatever accidental spelling combination), MusicBee will now have both "Aggressive" and "Agressive" tags saved into the system.

I'm wondering if there's a way for those fields to behave like the Custom tag fields (Multiple tag splitter), WITH a drop down suggestion list?

So you would be able to either type your tags OR open up the tag splitter.

As I was typing this, I think I understand the reason why you chose a drop down list instead of the splitter: the tag suggestion feature of the drop down.

Anyways, if this is possible,  I think it would be fantastic! If not, I understand there are probably limitations that I'm unaware of on a probably very seldom-used set of tags.

Thank you for the great software, and I understand my request cannot be done.

- T0X

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm probably trying to progress through all my tracks too quickly, but if I mistype a tag, it adds it as a completely new tag (and it makes sense why it would do so). So if you already have "Aggressive" in the system but accidentally type "Agressive" (or whatever accidental spelling combination), MusicBee will now have both "Aggressive" and "Agressive" tags saved into the system.
I don't think Steven needs to spend any time on this as it can be cleared easily enough. I've done it many a time.

The way I remove the incorrect data from the drop-down is to perform a search for the mistyped data and locate the entries that are misspelled. Correct them and you shouldn't see the misspelled entry any longer. If you do, you haven't found all the mis-tagged entries.
Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:33:08 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think all the field should have the same auto-complete behavior, personally.  It's nice that there's a built-in list for mood and occasion, but if you want to use tags not from that list, auto complete is still helpful.  Same with keywords

Or make the lists editable from within the program, like genre categories
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

T0XYK

The way I remove the incorrect data from the drop-down is to perform a search for the mistyped data and locate the entries that are misspelled. Correct them and you shouldn't see the misspelled entry any longer. If you do, you haven't found all the mis-tagged entries.

This works great, thanks for the suggestion  :)

-T0X