Author Topic: Miniplayer Dock doesnt work on Secondary Monitor  (Read 3663 times)

Frankstar

Musicbee: 3.0.6190 (Patch Update 3)

Secondary Monitor also has the full Taskbar enabled (it doesnt work if i disable it).
´

Musicbee always dock to the Primary Monitor if i minimize / switch to miniplayer.
It opens (on doubleclick) to the right one (where it was before) - so if it is maximized on Secondary and i minimize it it docks to primary Display. If i reopen it it is back to Secondary.

If it was open on Primary it will reopen on Primary.

------------

If i undock it, and move the bar to secondary Monitor -> doubleclick it and it opens to fullscreen on secondary Monitor -> minimize it and now its undocked on Primary Monitor as well.

So basically the miniplayer is pointless for me so far.

sincerly,
Frank

hiccup

I seem to recollect that some similar issues in this area were addressed not too long ago.
You might want to try 3.1 to see if that has fixes for your issue too.
While it is in beta stage, it is safe to use.

If you have doubts to do that, you could search the forum if you can find these similar issues, and at what moment (version) they were possibly fixed.

Frankstar

Hi and thanks for the fast response,

It might be a dumb question, but where can i find the 3.1 download?

hiccup

That's certainly not dumb, but something that needs to be made clearer in the near future.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/

Frankstar

Thank you hiccup!

Just tried it but its the same behaviour.

Mayb cause i upgraded Musicbee from 2.x to 3.x and now to 3.1 via the patch?
I dont know - but its sadly still not working.

hiccup

O.k, for now just be patient, perhaps Steven will be able to pick up on this in the near future.
Else you can always bump the issue in a couple of weeks or so. (or months if you are really patient)

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have a secondary monitor so cant try myself but i recall that when you extend the taskbar to the second monitor then windows treats the second monitor as an enlarged single monitor.
Having said that i dont see any reason in the code for the mini-player to not simply restore to its previous location when restoring from minimised. what steps do you do to minimise the mini-player?

Frankstar

how can a developer not have a secondary monitor, WHAT YEAR IS IT?!?!?!  ;)

when you extend the taskbar to the second monitor

actually i dont know if you can say "extend the taskbar"
Windows 10 add a new taskbar for the secondary monitor.

you even can have others Items in the secondary Taskbar then in the main one.

I minimize it using the minimize button in the top right corner OR the "muscibee -> view -> miniplayer" Button.
and the problem ist not restoring from minimized - its minimizing. It always dock onto the Main Monitor.
So actually i never get it to dock on the secondary Monitor.

If its undocked, i can move it to secondary monitor - but next time i minimize it (or restart app) its undocked-minimized on the main one.

can we sponsor you a secondary monitor?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
can we sponsor you a secondary monitor?

I'll chip in. It's a necessity for all but the most casual users. But, Win10 absolutely sucks at scaling, so he'll need the same resolution as his existing.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I've played around with this and can duplicate some of what Frankstar says, but I can also get it to work.

With MB main player on secondary monitor, change to mini-player.
If mini player appears on main screen (if not docked use right-click> window settings> dock) un-dock and drag to second monitor and re-dock
MB now remembers last docked position, even if re-started or main player is moved to primary monitor.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
I've played around with this and can duplicate some of what Frankstar says, but I can also get it to work.

With MB main player on secondary monitor, change to mini-player.
If mini player appears on main screen (if not docked use right-click> window settings> dock) un-dock and drag to second monitor and re-dock
MB now remembers last docked position, even if re-started or main player is moved to primary monitor.
this is exactly how i expect MB to work - the very first time the mini-player is opened, the mini-player is undocked and MB will let windows decide where to show it. You can then drag the mini-player to any monitor and then docking it will dock to that monitor.

Frankstar

yeah .. but no.
If u undock it - drag it to secondary monitor and choose "dock" it instantly docks to primary monitor.

**EDIT**

i played around more with it since Bee-liver said its working for him.
and i found also a solution.

i need to undock it AND RESIZE the miniplayer (length). now if the miniplayer is on secondary monitor and i choose "dock" it docks on secondary monitor.

if i now undock it, the lenght is before the "dock" process.
in my previous tests the miniplayer lenght was always the same lenght as 1 monitor. (1920px since i use 1920 x 1080)

weird "bug"

so if someone is reading this Thread, adjust you miniplayer size!! it will work after that process.

Thanks.
Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:40:30 PM by Frankstar

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
this is exactly how i expect MB to work - the very first time the mini-player is opened, the mini-player is undocked and MB will let windows decide where to show it. You can then drag the mini-player to any monitor and then docking it will dock to that monitor.
but I had to dock and then undock on the primary monitor before MB would remember the setting when used on the secondary monitor

i played around more with it since Bee-liver said its working for him.
and i found also a solution.

i need to undock it AND RESIZE the miniplayer (length). now if the miniplayer is on secondary monitor and i choose "dock" it docks on secondary monitor.
I normally use the miniplayer undocked and in the wide layout, stretched just a bit longer than the minimum length.  This would explain why I was able to get it to work after only doing the dock/undock on primary monitor first bit.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together