Author Topic: Latest MusicBee won't start  (Read 3790 times)

josephzitt

I just downloaded the latest patch of MusicBee and installed it per the directions. When I try to run it on my Windows 10 box, it doesn't start.

I see that the "Before You Post -- Read This" says that I should send the "Help/ Support/ View Settings File". Is this a directory tree under something? If it's a menu path in the interface, I can't do it, because the interface doesn't start up.

hiccup

By what instructions did you install the patch exactly?

josephzitt

I used these: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0
"unzip into an empty folder that you have write access to, and then copy all the files to where MusicBee is installed, replacing the existing MusicBee application files"

hiccup

That seems right. Could it be an antivirus program is blocking MusicBee?
Perhaps Avast?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
When you try to run it, what happens? Exact message wording can help a lot, screenshots of error windows are even better.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

josephzitt

No message. No window. The little blue wheel appears next to the cursor and spins, showing that Windows is trying to run a program, but then it stops and nothing opens.

josephzitt

Did you read my reply?

Ah, I'd missed one message. Is there a reason that Avast might block this release yet allow all other previous versions?

hiccup

I understand, that can happen when such a Q and A is 'interrupted'.

Avast's 'deepscan' or 'deepscreen' feature is notorious for this.
Try and disable it (for MusicBee)

josephzitt

OK, I created an exception for MusicBee in Avast, and all seems to be proceeding normally. Thanks.