Author Topic: iPod 4th Gen suddenly not working after reset; worked 100% till now!!!  (Read 2506 times)

cyberman

Hello,

till now I could sync my iPod 4th Gen without problems with musicbee (clean install), it was being recognised as an iPod device (even after reset with iTunes). Then I made the big mistake and did a reset with a recent version of iTunes and now it is not recognised anymore as iPod. (model "Unknown", storage path "J:\" ). Current iPod fw: 1.0.4. Modell "MB918".

Can you please tell me, what I can do, e.g. what iTunes version I have to use to reset it so it will be recognised again?

Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:24:10 PM by cyberman

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
From the FAQ:

Can I sync my iPod / iPhone / iPad with MusicBee?

Short answer: not directly.

Due to Apple's proprietary software, most iPods and iPhones are not directly supported by MusicBee. For iPhone/iPod Touch, only iOS 3.11 or below is supported.

Steven, the developer, says: Even for the same iPod model, particular (longer) serial numbers don't work with MusicBee. Also I think if the iPod has been formatted with iTunes 11 (and maybe the last of the 10 series) it causes problems with MB.

Some forum members have successfully synced iPod Classics. Please consult the forum for help.

However, You can use the iPod & iPhone Driver plugin to sync your iPhone/iPod.

You can also do it by exporting your library or one or more playlists from MusicBee and importing it into iTunes. The music files themselves do not need to be copied.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

cyberman

Some forum members have successfully synced iPod Classics. Please consult the forum for help.

So that's what I am doing here  :)

As I said, it WORKED without problems till now with this iPod. So there must be the right iTunes version what I have to use to reset the iPod so it will work again.

phred

• Global Moderator
No issues with a 6th Gen Classic running 2.04 and iTunes 9.2.1 (on the rare occasion that I need to reset the Classiic.)

This might help. And try resetting via 9.2.1...
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18506.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cyberman

Thank you for the suggestion.

I removed all iTunes files from the pc, reinstalled 9.2.1 64bit, but when I click on "restore" it asks me if I want to check for a new version. If I click "cancel" nothing happens. If I click on "check" I get this message (I think because the program is outdated.)

Any workaround so it will restore the iPod without having to check for a new version?

phred

• Global Moderator
Apparently 2.0.4 is too new for the 4G.

You're going to have to let Google be your friend and search the web for firmware 1.0.4. Once you find it, follow these instructions, but understand I take no responsibility for what happens to your device...

To downgrade from current version:
1. Open folder <yourname>/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates/
2. Remove the .ipsw and .ipsw.signature for the version you are wanting to drop.
3. Open iTunes and in Preferences uncheck automatic check for updates.
4. Connect iPod and select restore. It will ask you if you want to check for newer update. Select no and point to the ipsw file you downloaded. All files will be removed and it will have to resync the entire library but it worked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here