Author Topic: Playlist folders not nesting  (Read 1456 times)

DP

Hi. MB is outstanding, and keeps getting better.

But one feature that previously worked smoothly does not appear to be doing so now -- with the latest update 3 (incl the patch files), playlist folders only work at the top level, they don't nest anymore.

The playlists aren't lost, and the desired structure is maintained in the [Music\Playlists] folder. But they all render in MB as [former subfolder name\playlist name]. This is happening on different machines with different Windows versions, so it doesn't seem to be a machine-specific or configuration issue.

>> An somewhat similar issue related to nesting playlists was noted in an earlier bug post, which was responded to as Fixed in version 3. But it seems to have reverted. Or is there a command that I've missed? Is/was there a playlist setup page in Preferences?

Another thing, the Wikia article on Playlists mentions a feature called "display using view" -- this doesn't seem to be enabled now. It would be quite a useful feature. The column display format can be replicated by duplicating a playlist then editing it, but if any changes are needed across multiple playlists then they have to be manually edited. It would be great to have a default view that can be edited, and changes introduced individually as required.

Thanks.

DP

Apologies, a correction and a clarification to the previous.

The correction is that the behavior reported earlier continued to happen -- then after clicking on a number of different menu headings it suddenly reverted to the nested structure, neat and tidy. I can't trace back to the non-nested version. A couple of restarts on other laptops restored the nesting as well. A false alarm then. Thanks for your understanding.

The clarification is that the default view feature works when creating a new playlist. (I'm speaking of auto playlists here which is what I use, though this appears to apply to regular playlists as well.) But for a different 'default' column display (eg no serial numbering, and other fields) you need to duplicate an existing playlist with the desired columns. So -- is it possible to adjust the default columns view? (Not a big deal if not, just use the duplication approach.)

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
But one feature that previously worked smoothly does not appear to be doing so now -- with the latest update 3 (incl the patch files), playlist folders only work at the top level, they don't nest anymore.
the playlists will display and behave the same as older versions when you use the left sidebar navigator to access the playlists.
in v3.1, the way playlists display as nested in all layout configurations