Author Topic: After relocating library: Ratings vanished and playlist folder not deletable  (Read 1814 times)

KiraTM

Hello!

Well, I've got a problem (duh).
I recently moved my data drive letter from E:\ to D:\. I relocated the library in MusicBee, everything gets found, no problem so far.
As you read in the headline, however, I run into two problems:
All song ratings are vanished. This is pretty bad for me because I have auto playlists which need the info and I have to re-rate each single song (currently above 4,232 songs) again.

My next problem: I divide my music in "Purchased" and "Free" (such as free downloads from Soundcloud). The "Purchased" playlist is a playlist folder which contains several playlists which are divided in CDs, digital downloads, Bandcamp, iTunes, albums, singles and so on.
The playlist folder usually shows a merged list of all playlists it contains. After relocating the playlists still exist but the playlist folder is empty.
I just created a new folder and moved my playlists there. But I can't delete the old playlist folder. A message apperas which tells me the select folder doesn't contain files and can't be removed. The folder looks empty and doesn't contain any playlists anymore.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you been storing the ratings in the files, or in mb database only? (You can find this setting in Tags (1) preferences)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you have an old version of your library (.mbl) file, you might yet be able to recover the ratings.  But either way, I strongly recommend you start storing them in the music files, so this doesn't happen again.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

KiraTM

Okay, I'll probably have no other choice then.

However, a bigger problem for me are the two playlist folders which can't get deleted.