Author Topic: Req: Optionally Include Podcast Directories in Library  (Read 2299 times)

a2a

I've since come to figure that any podcast downloaded by MusicBee will not be included in the library (if the folder is monitored).

I subscribe - and would imagine other users do also - to a lot of varied podcasts spanning pieces for my dance music and family shows.

In my library I've set up various filters e.g. dance, kids podcast learning etc., and it seems, for me, a real bummer, MusicBee won't include them. The only way I can achieve this is by manually adding the files.

Would it be possible to have, say, a check box within the podcast settings for something like: "included in library (if folder is monitored)"?

I guess there's some code in the program to omit these as I think I did see the directory being scanned when I tried to add it when troubleshooting my linked thread above.

There's so much flexibility and capability by having these podcasts in the library rather than in the podcast section only.

I think this request would still allow users to continue their behaviours with managing podcasts in that section, but for the likes of me, having them in the library amongst my collection would be perfect!

Thank you :)
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:59:39 PM by a2a

a2a

Could this be possibility please? It would be a massive help to using the application.

In the meantime, I guess, the only workaround is to create a library just for my children and have that monitor the downloaded episodes within folders. I'd have to subscribe/manage their podcasts within my own library for all episodes to download there and toggle the libraries to have it as intended.

a2a

Any further considerations on this please?

Would really like - and kind of need - this feature to become a possibility. All of my downloaded podcasts need to be in my library for maximum exposure and to be all in one place.

Much like the optional filter dialogue for libraries, a simple check-box to have podcasts included could make this possible?