Author Topic: MusicExplorer - Top Tracks Panel  (Read 2631 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
there's a few odd things with the MusicExplorer - "Top Tracks Panel" that to me feel like bugs or half-developed features:

- cursor up/down switches tracks (as expected...); but Enter on selection (configured to "Playback: Play Now", which works everywhere else), does not play selected. In fact, it does nothing here.
- double clicking a track in "Top Tracks Panel" flushes the 'Playing Tracks' queue (leaving only the selected track), I would have expected this to behave similar to other tabs & panels in MusicBee, where 'Playing Tracks' is populated by the main tab content, as is, this results in:
   - Playback stops afterwards
   - no forwards (as there's nothing in the  'Playing Tracks' queue)
   - and no (history based) backwards functionality either as it flushes the queue 'Play Previous' seems to rely on too

- a nice to have here would be also to have the option to show Artist (or, even user-configurable which tags are shown in  "Top Tracks Panel")

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:34:01 AM by alec.tron

Steven

• Administrator
- cursor up/down switches tracks (as expected...); but Enter on selection (configured to "Playback: Play Now", which works everywhere else), does not play selected. In fact, it does nothing here.
- double clicking a track in "Top Tracks Panel" flushes the 'Playing Tracks' queue (leaving only the selected track), I would have expected this to behave similar to other tabs & panels in MusicBee, where 'Playing Tracks' is populated by the main tab content, as is, this results in:
   - Playback stops afterwards
   - no forwards (as there's nothing in the  'Playing Tracks' queue)
   - and no (history based) backwards functionality either as it flushes the queue 'Play Previous' seems to rely on too
the only incorrect behavior i can find is double clicking always plays only the clicked track and doesnt respect the Now Playing/ "Play Now" preferences. For the first issue in your post, i cannot reproduce any issues

alec.tron

I'm not sure what you meant by "double clicking always plays only the clicked track and doesnt respect the Now Playing/ "Play Now" preferences."

What I see when double-clicking on a track (assuming this is the first action after switching tabs - since that alters the content of 'playing tracks' panel):
- in a playlist from Playlist Explorer - on double clicking a file, the 'playing tracks' panel content gets flushed and all files from the playlist get added immediately to the 'playing tracks' panel (i.e. for a playlist w 321 files, then there's 321 files in the 'playing tracks' panel to play/shuffle through)
- in a tracks list from Musiclist view - on double clicking a file, the 'playing tracks' panel content gets flushed and all files from tracks view get added immediately to the 'playing tracks' panel (i.e. if tracks view is genre filtered, and there's 5432 files shown in tracks view,  then there's 5432 files in the 'playing tracks' panel to play/shuffle through)

This is the opposite when doing the same in the MusicExplorer :
- when double-clicking in MusicExplorer's, you get presented a list of 'Top Tracks' similar to the 2 cases before, yet when double-clicking it only adds that single track.

This just struck me as odd as MusicBee is mostly consistent in behaviour between tabs.
But checking an album centric view (I only use a gigantic MusicList tracks view) - there it is indeed the same behaviour:
- Clicking an album reveals the tracks - double clicking a track then adds the album to the 'playing tracks' panel. Should the album only be one track long, there's only a single track in 'Now Playing' and nothing else to skip to.

Since the 'Top List' panel is a list though - I guess I was expecting list like behaviour - i.e. that all tracks (from the top tracks panel) would get added to Now Playing to shuffle between.

And you're right, I have not noticed that the 'playback history' gets flushed when you switch tabs / re-flood the 'playing tracks' panel. If that's intended behaviour, fair enough.

c.

Steven

• Administrator
the only issue i can reproduce as you describe is the double clicking. This should fix that:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Clicking Enter as a hotkey works fine for me, but i did make one change that might help with your issue.

alec.tron

Happy to report that double clicking on a track from "Top Tracks" panel now populates 'now playing' panel with all 'top tracks' list content.
Also, Enter key now works as expected as well.
Thanks for the changes Steven!
c.