Author Topic: Merge songs in a single album which has the same album name but different artist  (Read 8374 times)

mike161126

I have got an album which collects many artists' separate works, however, it seems not to be treated as `one` album, because the songs belong to different artists.

I really hope it can be merged so that I can enjoy the whole album. Thanks you. :)

Regards,
Mike

Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:32:03 PM by phred

phred

• Global Moderator
I removed the color from your text as it was impossible to read with the forum's dark theme.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That screenshot doesn't look like any of the usual MusicBee layouts.  Is that the thumbnail browser?

Wikia seems to be having a hiccup, but this is from the FAQ:

Why are tracks from the same album shown separately in my library?

Unless you've made changes to your Sorting & Grouping Preferences, this is probably the result of having inconsistent Album or Album Artist tags. Albums with multiple artists or many featured artists especially tend to have this problem.

First make sure that you're sorting (and grouping, in Album Covers View) by Album and/or Album Artist, not Artist. If that doesn't help, you can fix your tags manually by selecting all tracks from the album, and using the Tag Editor to apply Album and Album Artist values to all of them. Or you can use one of MusicBee's Auto-Tagging options to retrieve standardized tags for the album from a database like MusicBrainz.
Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:06:52 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)