Author Topic: MusicBee not syncing with android phone  (Read 4154 times)

RejectedPotato

I have a sync for all playlists and music in MusicBee for my phone. This has always worked in the past, however, now it doesn't seem to work at all. When I plug in my phone, MusicBee simply does not begin to sync even though it does notice the device is connected. I have tried to reset the rule in Preferences > Devices and still the same result.
Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:44:49 AM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I removed the color tags from your post because they make it unreadable in the dark forum skin.

What specific device are you using?  How are you starting the sync?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bcsteeve

I don't know about him, but I'm using a Nextbit Robin Android 6.0.1

the problem seems to be that the "Using USB to transfer files?" message comes up on the phone EVERY TIME (no way to default it to yes) and Musicbee isn't waiting for it.

That is... with auto sync upon connect.

bcsteeve

After a frustrating amount of trial and error, the sequence to make this passable is really quite simple.  The trick is to ignore the wording.  The option says "automatically synchronise [sic] when the device is connected"... to me, "when" meant "after".  But that fails, of course, because it doesn't give you time to click the USB pop-up on the device (and Android 6+ gives no way of defaulting the selection).  Instead, you have to have the device already connected and already OK'd the pop-up, THEN launch MusicBee on the computer.  Then it works fine.