Author Topic: [6164] Synchronization to microsd card doesn't convert lossless to lossy  (Read 1714 times)

theta_wave

[EDIT: Fixed in 6168]

In one of the last versions of 3.0.x (or earlier 3.1.x) builds, syncing to my microsd card went fine.  In 3.1.6164, I was wondering why the space in my card was rapidly dwindling.  Quite simply, MB copied FLACs to my microsd card and renamed to <filename>.mp3 without being converted.  Using mediainfo, the huge mp3's on my card were simply FLACs with an mp3 extension.  I knew, I shouldn't have sync my collection the night before I have to travel.  Anyways, if this gets fixed, how do I re-sync to fix those lossless that were erroneously copied and not converted?  I hope I don't have to wipe 9,000+ songs from my microsd card and resync again :(

EDIT: Looking back at rated tracks (>=4 stars are synced to my phone's sd card), the issue popped up with those having timestamps of 10/29/16.

EDIT 2: This appears to be fixed in 6168.  Coupled with the timestamp data, I made a autoplaylist of >=4 rated tracks with timestamps greater than 10/28/16.  I saved it to an m3u and ran them through mp3tag to update the their timestamps.  During synchronization, I can see MB transcoding my library FLACs to mp3s on the sd card on-the-fly as expected.  The sd card is regaining space as mp3's are being copied over FLACs with mp3 extensions.

Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:34:24 AM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
yes i confirm there was a bug where if the source .flac file was updated then the file was being copied to the lossy format filename without re-encoding, and that was recently fixed