Author Topic: On the fly conversion not working (v. 3.1.6163) <SOLVED>  (Read 3230 times)

Mr. Trev

When I transfer to a device - in this case my SD card - I have MB set to convert lossless to aac (fdk codec). Musicbee does the conversion with no errors, but the resulting files are unreadable and have no tags. Was working perfectly on the 3.0 releases
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:50:19 PM by Mr. Trev

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine here. Could you send me a zip with the following files:
- one source file
- the resulting aac file on the device
- and the fdk encoder .exe you are using ?

Steven

• Administrator
The file hasnt been converted. Its still a flac file but with a .m4a filename.
I would also need your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and could you also let me know whether the file would be sourced from a playlist or directly from your music library

edit:
dont worry about sending the settings file if its the case that the file is being updated on the device ie. its already on the device and is being synched because you changed the file in your music library (eg. edited the tags). If thats not the case then i would still need the settings file
Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:26:58 PM by Steven

Mr. Trev

In the case of the files I sent, it was from the "recently added" playlist sent to a virtual device (same thing happens with an actual sd). I'll pm a copy of my setting in a bit just in case you need them

Steven

• Administrator
could you try this version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

you would need to update the source file or delete from the device so the file is re-updated on the device
Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:49:03 PM by Steven

Mr. Trev

Tried a few different files - and even the mp3 codec - but I just get the same result

Steven

• Administrator

Mr. Trev

Further follow-up

I reinstalled the latest 3.0 version (3.0.6190). All the conversions work as expected. As soon as I apply a 3.1 patch (like the one a few posts back), MB won't convert. Watching the status bar it goes straight to copy instead of encoding first then copy. Not sure what's the deal. Are there any other files needed for 3.1 other than what's included in the link you gave me - I'm asking since 3.1 hasn't had an official beta release yet?

Steven

• Administrator
- what version does help/ about say?
- can you post a screenshot of your device sync settings
- and are the files new or updates of files already on the device

edit:
i can reproduce this now, but only if i am dragging specific files to the device rather than using the full sychronisation functionality - is that what you are doing?

this should fix that:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:15:55 PM by Steven

Mr. Trev

I'll give the patch a try later today.
What I typically do is right click the files and send to device

Mr. Trev

Seems to have fixed that problem…

Now if I could just figure out why MB occasionally hangs on launch (happens with 3.0 too)