Author Topic: auto-export flag disappears from playlists  (Read 5820 times)

redwing

I have noticed this for some time with v3 (never seen with v2.x) but yet figured out how it happens.
I have some playlists with "automatically export a static copy" option enabled.
Then after some time if I open one of those playlists the option is disabled. But I'm certain I didn't make that change.
If anyone has noticed the same thing or figured out what causes it, please let me know. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
is this auto-playlists or static playlists?
and thats the only thing thats reset?
Looking at the places the flag is set, I cant see how that could be the case unless the playlist file isnt completely saved eg. turn off machine without it being flushed to disc, but then i would expect the entire file to be corrupt when its next loaded.
If you are certain it is a happening then i could create a debug version to trace then places but i will give you some time to see if you do find a pattern

redwing

They are static playlists and that's the only thing that's reset, but I can't reproduce it intentionally.
Let's see if anyone else has the same issue.

phred

• Global Moderator
I -may- have the same issue but it might take a few days to confirm. I have eight static playlists and haven't needed to look at the edit window for any of them for quite some time. Upon checking today, five of the eight had the 'auto-export' unchecked. And those five had last been exported in May. Two of the five had new tracks added within the past two months.

I have re-enabled auto-export option on the five playlists and will check daily to ensure they're still enabled.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
if you dont mind can you enter other attributes such as description so i can be sure it really is just the export flag thats reset

phred

• Global Moderator
if you dont mind can you enter other attributes such as description so i can be sure it really is just the export flag thats reset
I added comments to two of the static playlists that the 'auto-export' flag had been turned off previously. I shut down MB, waited ten minutes and restarted. Comments (and auto-export flag) still exist. I'll keep watching this for a few days to see if anything disappears.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Some more details. I've come to notice this with the most frequently edited playlist of mine that I'm using to export songs to iTunes to sync my phone. I have used this setup for years without any issues, but all of a sudden I noticed the exported playlist wasn't up to date when I imported it to iTunes, a few months ago. Then I checked the playlist from MB and the auto-export option was disabled.
I turned it on again and after a few weeks it got disabled again. Yesterday I checked the playlist and it was disabled yet again. My guess is some action(s) onto the playlist can end up resetting the flag without the user's knowledge.

Steven

• Administrator
Does the playlist have its own custom fields or own custom view. If so then the playlist would get updated when fields/ sorting or the view is changed in the main panel when that playlist is being used.
Also it would get updated if files in the playlist are re-organized.
Those are the only non-obvious thing that I can think of that causes the playlist to be updated. Of course the flag shouldn't be reset and I don't how that's possible by looking at the code.

I guess one other possibility is there was a bug that's since been fixed

redwing

It's using default fields and default view.

I guess one other possibility is there was a bug that's since been fixed

OK. Then I'll create a new playlist for syncing and see if that occurs again. Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
Also it would get updated if files in the playlist are re-organized.
to be clear with this, i am refering to when you re-organise or move files in your library - any playlists with those files will be updated