Author Topic: Music files not showing song information when copied to phone.  (Read 2298 times)

Xenatier

I have a nexus 6p and have always used musicbee to copy files from my computer to my phone. Now i'm not sure if this is an issue with musicbee or my phone but it is really bizarre. When i sync songs from my computer to my phone, regardless of if i do it via musicbee or manually copy them over, a large portion of them won't copy the song's information to the phone. So when i see these songs on the phone it just shows the file name of the song rather than the song title, it doesn't have the artist name or track number either. For some reason if i go to song info and see the fields everything is there. (I'm using the app Shuttle, i have tried others and it has the same result.) Also the song duration on the phone shows as 0:00 but i can still play the song fine. At this point is sounds like an issue with the phone but the thing is if i copy the music file to the phone directly after downloading it, it will work fine. It is only when i add it to my musicbee library and maybe change the tags (genre, album title, etc.) and the artwork.

Unfortunately i don't have a second phone to test it on but i will upload the 2 songs if that helps.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2jgv7vtjj9thlfo

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
The big difference between the metadata on both files is the size of the album art. Android phones don't like big album art images, and they can cause issues like you are describing. When syncing with your phone, I would recommend resizing your artwork to 500 px max. It won't affect your library, just the files that end up on the phone.

You may also need to clear the media cache on your phone, that will affect your ringtone, notification, and alarm settings.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Xenatier

Clearing the music cache and resizing the artwork worked perfectly. Thank you!