Author Topic: Revamp left navigator - Windows 10 Groove style  (Read 3269 times)

redwing

MB's left navigator hasn't been changed for a long time when it comes to its layout.
And now on Windows 10 the navigator looks a little outdated compared to other updated elements.

Recently I tried Groove. Nothing was special except its left sidebar. Maybe there's something to learn from it.

By default it shows icons only in left sidebar (with tooltip on the mouse over each icon). If you click menu icon at the top, then it opens the full sidebar. That's a brilliant approach because it gives a pretty clean look most of the time without losing functionality.

Why not adopt this and give MB a more modernized look to its navigator? endeavour1934 already provided Windows 10 style icons with his skins.

Of course MB has lots of nodes to display on one screen without scrollbar. It could display some key nodes by default, and make it customizable so that users could show their favorite nodes.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
+1
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

HHM

I have a lush tree of playlists and folders in left panel, can't imagine working on it with this simplified functionality.
Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:45:52 PM by HHM

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have a kush tree of playlists and folders in left panel, can't imagine working on it with this simplified functionality.

There's now a separate playlist panel you can use for those
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

HHM

I have a kush tree of playlists and folders in left panel, can't imagine working on it with this simplified functionality.

There's now a separate playlist panel you can use for those

yes, but it's not quite what i need