Author Topic: musicbee on linux?  (Read 7080 times)

Ansem

Hi guys, I was planning to use linux as main OS, but the lack of musicbee is stopping me :(
Did anyone tried it on linux, or there is a plan to made a linux version of it?

phred

• Global Moderator
There are no plans for a Linux version.
Please search the forum to see how others have gotten MB to work on some Linux distros.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

BarneyJ

But is there a liiittlest possibility, that it's gonna happen?
 :-X

Spiron

It does work under Wine pretty well but there are a couple of things that don't work as intended, some of which may be due to different packages within your distro or limitations within Wine.  On my ArchLinux system the Wave Bar doesn't draw, the blurry album art you get as a background when in thumbnail view doesn't blur, and you can't rip CD's (although you can read them perfectly well).  Not having other distros I can't comment on whether these problems are with my system or with the nature of wine getting it to run.  It is after all a .NET 4 program which have always been a bit hit and miss with compatibility under wine.

Bottom line, give it a whirl on a clean wine prefix (let the MB installer get dotnet 4) and see what your results are.
Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:26:15 AM by Spiron

phred

• Global Moderator
But is there a liiittlest possibility, that it's gonna happen?
 :-X
Probably not. If I remember correctly, the libraries that Steven uses for MB aren't ported to Linux therefore making it next to impossible to create a Linux version. If I'm wrong then Steven will correct me.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here