Author Topic: How to play module files  (Read 14254 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i am not going to be able to help with any crashes. I suggest you dont add them to your library

theta_wave

Thanks again, I got a problem with the latest patched version. Importing a collection of ~65000 chiptune files of different formats (which were present in the library folder all the time) to the MB library leads to a programme crash after ~7000 files. Maybe missing supported file-extension definitions in the Configuration.xml?
On 6087, I synced ~300 s3m's, mod's, xm's, it's, mtm's (tracker modules, not necessarily chiptunes) and an album of chiptunes (12 vgm's) without issue the other day (far less than your amount, I know).  Steven mentioned that some chiptunes (HES and STR) didn't play properly or not at all.  Try avoiding importing problematic chiptunes, import a smaller amount at a given time (tedious, I know), etc.  Report here if you run into any problematic chiptunes.

EDIT: I just imported 7,230 songs (mod, mtm, s3m, it, xm) into MB without any hiccups (again, these are tracker modules rather than chiptunes, so it may not be applicable for your situation).  These songs are basically everything from hornet's demoscene archive (https://hornet.org/music/songs/) (1991-1998).
Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:42:11 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
i expect it would be the chiptunes files that might be the problem

Alsweider

Yes, probably one or more of the chiptune files (not the mod/tracker files, because they got imported flawlessly in the last patched version). The previous MB versions obviously ignored c64/chiptune files, didn't import them and therefore did not crash. It could also be that my system is somehow unable to handle the big amount of files, but that is rather unlikely in my opinion. I'm using now the previous MB build until I have identified the problematic files.

Alsweider

Tracker modules appears to sync fine (transcoding them on the fly to mp3) to my virtual device.
I can't confirm this in my case. I have tried to sync a .xm file, recoding to .mp3 (lame.exe is installed). The syncing process gets stuck exactly when it tries to recode that file.

slimpyman

is there anyway to display the notes / instrument text embedded in the file.  was a very cool thing back in the late 90s to play files and read whatever the author had on their mind, about what they did or how they felt.   very cool nostalgic feeling back in the day. do you want some files steven?

The Incredible Boom Boom

is there anyway to display the notes / instrument text embedded in the file.  was a very cool thing back in the late 90s to play files and read whatever the author had on their mind, about what they did or how they felt.   very cool nostalgic feeling back in the day. do you want some files steven?

Bumping for visibility.